[Braxton] worth reading!

  • patrick o donovan
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2004
      http://www.furious.com/perfect/indiedownloads.html

      fred friths thoughts on music downloading,
      and the effect this has on indie labels

      the usual suspect
    • patrick o donovan
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2004
        on ebay in the last few days

        going...going....

        willisau 91 4 cd

        charlie parker project

        prag 84

        the usual suspect
      • Blue Lake Public Radio
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 2, 2004
          Hey Matt,
          Do you have a phone number? This is the set, but it hasn't been shipped yet,
          so maybe I can work this out. The one I ordered was $200 plus shipping.
          Thanks,

          Lazaro Vega

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2004
            --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, patrick o donovan
            <pdonovan@g...> wrote:

            > http://www.furious.com/perfect/indiedownloads.html
            >
            > fred friths thoughts on music downloading,
            > and the effect this has on indie labels
            >
            > the usual suspect

            Chris Cutler!

            dB
          • patrick o donovan
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 3, 2004
              > > http://www.furious.com/perfect/indiedownloads.html
              > >
              > > fred friths thoughts on music downloading,
              > > and the effect this has on indie labels
              > >
              > > the usual suspect
              >
              > Chris Cutler!

              the alliteration threw me, sorry
              chris cutler/fred frith

              but a cow by any other name is still a cow
            • Blue Lake Public Radio
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 5, 2004
                I'm not sure if you are referring to the "2Ts for a Lovely T" set,
                but I bought a copy this month from this site:

                http://www.ear-rational.com/detail.php?id=9283&searchparm=cecil%
                20taylor&order=&offset=

                They have it listed for $182.50 which was the best price I could find
                (the guy who handles the orders is Dave--he was great to deal with).
                What is even better is that if it is your first purchase with them
                they will give you a 10% discount on top of their list price. This
                set is a big "must" for any Taylor, W. Parker, or Oxley fan. In spite
                of the wimpy booklet, it is still worth every penny. It is
                overwhelmingly good.

                Matt Martini

                Hey Matt,
                I cancelled my other order and bought it from this link for this price.
                Thanks for the heads up. Now, like before, I'm waiting for them to re-stock
                it. How long did it take to get yours?
                Thanks,
                Lazaro
              • Franz Fuchs
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 4, 2004
                  > From: patrick o donovan
                  >
                  > the alliteration threw me, sorry
                  > chris cutler/fred frith

                  Speaking of Fred Frith - I've been wishing for a Braxton-Frith duo album
                  for some time. Of course, a record with Chris Cutler wouldn't be bad
                  either...

                  But a Braxton-Jim O'Rourke project would be really great for several
                  reason: It'd carry the possibility of being a relative bestseller
                  because it could lure the Sonic Youth crowd into buying the record. And
                  O'Rourke could unpack his whole arsenal of instruments from laptop and
                  hurdy-gurdy to electric and acoustic guitars.

                  Regards
                  Franz Fuchs
                • jason@restructures.net
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 5, 2004
                    --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, "Franz Fuchs" <f.fuchs@g...>
                    wrote:
                    > But a Braxton-Jim O'Rourke project would be really great for several
                    > reason: It'd carry the possibility of being a relative bestseller
                    > because it could lure the Sonic Youth crowd into buying the record. And
                    > O'Rourke could unpack his whole arsenal of instruments from laptop and
                    > hurdy-gurdy to electric and acoustic guitars.

                    Maybe HatCo should've released this recording as "Jim O'Rourke's
                    Anthony Braxton Project"!

                    Anthony Braxton
                    Compositions 10 & 16 (+101)
                    hat[now]ART 108 (CD)
                    1. Comp. 10 (version 1) (Braxton) [11:38]
                    2. Comp. 16 (+101) (Braxton) [17:02]
                    3. Comp. 10 (version 2) (Braxton) [38:44]
                    Guillermo Gregorio (as) on # 1-2; (cl) on # 3
                    Gene Coleman (bcl)
                    Jim O'Rourke (acc) on #1; (hurdy-gurdy) on # 2; (electronics) on # 3
                    Michael Cameron (b)
                    Carrie Biolo (vib, perc)

                    1997 – February 24
                    Air Wave Studios
                    Chicago, IL (USA)
                  • Franz Fuchs
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 5, 2004

                      Oh, I have this record and enjoy it immensely - that's no exaggeration,
                      it's a fantastic record - hence my reference to Jim's hurdy-gurdy. I was
                      thinking of a Braxton/O'Rourke duo record, which really would be
                      something.

                      Regards
                      Franz Fuchs