Charlie Parker Project & 19 [Solo] Compositions

  • cosmodelia@yahoo.es
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2001
      I'm new here, and new to Braxton' music. I love his music after to
      listen 2 albums I got:

      "Charlie Parker Project 1993" and "19 [Solo] Compositions, 1988"

      I don't know if these albums are represantives, but I would like to
      know more about them.

      In the middle of Parker/Gillespie compositions I'm lost but I like.
      Maybe I have not some clues about Braxton' music but I amd here to
      learn about it. I guess most of you are experts, right?

      Well, greetings from Spain.
      Best

      Juanjo
    • Vincent Kargatis / Anne Larson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2001
        > From: cosmodelia@...
        > Maybe I have not some clues about Braxton' music but I amd here to
        > learn about it.

        Fortunately for Braxton knowledge seekers, one of the best, most readable
        and educational jazz books ever was written about him: Graham Locke's FORCES
        IN MOTION (aka Anthony Braxton and the Meta-Reality of Creative Music). Get
        that book and read it - you'll love it, and it will open wide picture
        windows into Braxton's music for you. Recommended along with it are the
        recordings on Leo of the tour the book chronicles (1985 London, Birmingham,
        and/or Coventry).
        --
        Vincent Kargatis
        np: R.E.M. - "Zither" (New Adventures in Hi-Fi)