July offering from Tri-Centric Foundation website

  • Kyoko
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 2, 2011
      July's FLAC/MP3 download is available from the Braxton Tri-Centric Foundation site and it is gorgeous: Sax Quintet (Middletown) 1998 with Anthony, James Fei, Brian Glick, Chris Jonas and Steve Lehman.

      You can listen to samples.

      Part I here http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/59 and Part II here http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/60

      Free for subscribers, $9.99/part on a la carte basis.

      Best,
      Kyoko Kitamura
      Tri-Centric Foundation
      http://tricentricfoundation.org/
      http://www.facebook.com/tricentricfoundation
      http://twitter.com/tricentricfdn
      http://anthonybraxton.wordpress.com/
    • Kyoko
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 1, 2011
        Special double feature FLAC/MP3 downloads for the month of August is now available from Braxton Tri-Centric Foundation site.

        Compositions No.103 and No.169 from FONT 2007
        http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/61

        Composition No.19 for 100 Tubas
        http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/62
        liner notes by Jay Rozen himself, with a short video clip from the performance.

        Audio sample available on both pages. Free for subscribers, $9.99/album on a la carte basis.

        Best,
        Kyoko Kitamura
        Tri-Centric Foundation
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 15, 2011
          This is to inform you that we just released a special free sampler album (compiled by none other than our esteemed board member Jason Guthartz) entitled "Composition, Improvisation, Synthesis: Selections from the Tri-Centric Foundation Archives" which contains 11 titles (partial) from our archives in anticipation of Anthony Braxton's Tri-Centric Festival taking place 10/5-8 at Roulette. The album is available starting today at http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/65.

          Information on Roulette festivities here
          http://www.roulette.org/events/upcoming.php

          Review of the sampler album here
          http://blog.monsieurdelire.com/2011/09/2011-09-0809-john-zorn-adam-rudolphs.html

          NOTE: As mentioned before, New Braxton House monthly subscribers will be able to purchase the Trillium E box set, autographed by Anthony himself, at a 10% discount with free shipping. This purchase comes with an early digital download option of Trillium E. Please stay tuned for more details regarding this offer.

          Best Wishes,
          Kyoko Kitamura
          Tri-Centric Foundation
          Message 4 of 27 , Oct 1, 2011
            October offering available now, free for TCF subscribers, $9.99/album on a la carte basis.

            Trio (Wesleyan) 2005 Composition No. 323C http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/66

            Quartet Mannheim Composition No.367D
            http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/67

            Both are examples of Diamond Curtain Wall Music (improvisation with interactive electronics) using Falling River Music (graphic scores). Photos by Jason Guthartz of the Wesleyan concert and video of Falling River Music can be found on site along with liner notes.

            Diamond Curtain Wall will be performed live on 10/6 at Roulette with Anthony/Taylor Ho Bynum/Mary Halvorson, and Falling River Music the day before on 10/5 with Anthony/Ingrid Laubrock/Sara Schoenbeck/Shelley Burgon/Renee Baker. Information on the 4-day Braxton festival in Brooklyn can be found here http://tricentricfoundation.org/foundation/events

            Best Wishes,
            Kyoko Kitamura
            Tri-Centric Foundation
            http://tricentricfoundation.org/
            http://www.facebook.com/tricentricfoundation
            http://twitter.com/tricentricfdn
            http://anthonybraxton.wordpress.com/
          • Jérôme Munnier
            Message 5 of 27 , Oct 2, 2011
              Hi!

              Anthony Braxton on Woody Shaw…

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qia2PwEo7WU&feature=related

              -- J
            • Kyoko
              Message 6 of 27 , Oct 29, 2011
                A reminder for TCF monthly subscribers to please download the October offering: Quartet (Mannheim) 2010. Only two more days. November download will be Tentet (Wesleyan) 2000, recorded at Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT. November 11, 2000 by Jon Rosenberg. Compositions No. 277 and 278

                Personnel:
                Anthony Braxton Eb and Bb clarinets, soprano, F, alto, bari, bass and contrabass saxophones
                James Fei Bb and bass clarinets, soprano and alto saxophones
                Brian Glick tenor and bari saxophones
                Chris Jonas soprano and tenor saxophones
                Steve Lehman alto saxophone
                Seth Misterka alto saxophone
                Jackson Moore alto saxophone
                Kevin O'Neil electric guitar
                Seth Dellinger contrabass
                Kevin Norton percussion

                Best Wishes,

                Kyoko Kitamura
                Tri-Centric Foundation
                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 1, 2011
                  November download "Tentet (Wesleyan) 2000" available now at TCF site
                  http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/71
                  http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/72

                  The music and the sound quality for this one is exceptional. With AB, James Fei, Brian Glick, Chris Jonas, Steve Lehman, Seth Misterka, Jackson Moore, Kevin O'Neil, Seth Dellinger, Kevin Norton.

                  Best,
                  Kyoko
                  TCF Team
                • Kyoko
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 29, 2011
                    TCF monthly subscribers: 2 more days to download the November offering (Tentet Wesleyan). Coming in December: Compositions No.194 and 195, recorded in January 1997 at the Knitting Factory with AB, Gregor Kitzis, Kevin O'Neil, Joe Fonda, Kevin Norton and more. Plus some special announcements which will be sent via email.

                    Best wishes,
                    Kyoko Kitamura
                    TCF Team

                    --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, "Kyoko" <kyokokitamura2002@...> wrote:

                    > November download "Tentet (Wesleyan) 2000" available now at TCF site
                    > http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/71
                    > http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/72
                    >
                    > The music and the sound quality for this one is exceptional. With AB, James Fei, Brian Glick, Chris Jonas, Steve Lehman, Seth Misterka, Jackson Moore, Kevin O'Neil, Seth Dellinger, Kevin Norton.
                    >
                    > Best,
                    > Kyoko
                    > TCF Team

                  • Kyoko
                    Message 9 of 27 , Dec 1, 2011
                      December download is now available from the TCF website.

                      GTM (Knitting Factory) 1997

                      Vol.1 with AB, Gregor Kitzis, Joe Fonda, Kevin O'Neil, Kevin Norton Vol 2 has the same line-up plus Brandon Evans, Andre Vida, JD Parran

                      Please note that while the overall recording quality is high, there is some damage to the master resulting in some noise at the very end of the recordings.

                      http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/73
                      http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/74

                      Free for subscribers; $9.99 per volume on a la carte basis.

                      Best regards,
                      Kyoko
                    • Kyoko
                      Message 10 of 27 , Dec 30, 2011
                        For TCF site monthly subscribers, a gentle reminder to download the December offering, GTM (Knitting Factory) 1997. The next offering will go up on January 2nd 2012 (not January 1st) and it will be from Molde Jazz Festival (Norway) in 2005 with Molde Jazz 2005 with AB, Taylor Ho Bynum, Jessica Pavone, Jay Rozen, Chris Dahlgren, Aaron Siegel. Thank you so much for your support this year. Wishing you a very happy New Year!

                        Best,
                        Kyoko
                        TCF Team
                      • Kyoko
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 3, 2012
                          The first TCF offering of the year now available. Free for TCF monthly subscribers, $9.99/album on a la carte basis. Sextet (Molde) 2005 and Sextet (Piacenza) 2007. A new version of the site will be unveiled in March 2012. Please stay tuned.

                          http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/76
                          http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/albums/77

                          Both albums with
                          Anthony Braxton: Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Sopranino Saxophone
                          Taylor Ho Bynum: Cornet, Flugelhorn, Trombone
                          Jessica Pavone: Viola, Violin
                          Jay Rozen: Tuba, toys
                          Chris Dahlgren: Bass, Electronics
                          Aaron Siegel: Percussion, Vibraphone

                          Best regards,
                          Kyoko Kitamura
                          TCF Team
                        • Kyoko
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                            A very last minute reminder (sorry!) to download January offering which is Sextet (Piacenza) 2007 and Sextet (Molde) 2005. We are leaving it up a few extra days since we want to make sure every subscriber downloads it. The TCF site will be revamped in March. All current user accounts will be deleted when the new site goes up. New site will have a lower monthly fee, one free album download per month instead of two, larger discount for back catalog items, plus more bootlegs and other surprises. There will be an email going out to all subscribers very soon.

                            February offering will be Composition 235 and 236 with AB, James Fei, Brian Glick, Chris Jonas, Steve Lehman, Seth Misterka, Jackson Moore, Kevin O'Neil, Seth Dellinger, Kevin Norton.
                            http://tricentricfoundation.org/label

                            Best,
                            Kyoko
                          • Patrick O Donovan
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                              On 31/01/2012 23:07, Kyoko wrote:
                              > A very last minute reminder (sorry!) to download January offering which is Sextet (Piacenza) 2007 and Sextet (Molde) 2005. We are leaving it up a few extra days since we want to make sure every subscriber downloads it. The TCF site will be revamped in March. All current user accounts will be deleted when the new site goes up. New site will have a lower monthly fee, one free album download per month instead of two, larger discount for back catalog items, plus more bootlegs and other surprises. There will be an email going out to all subscribers very soon.
                              >
                              > February offering will be Composition 235 and 236 with AB, James Fei, Brian Glick, Chris Jonas, Steve Lehman, Seth Misterka, Jackson Moore, Kevin O'Neil, Seth Dellinger, Kevin Norton.
                              > http://tricentricfoundation.org/label
                              >
                              > Best,
                              > Kyoko
                              does this mean that we will lose the download link access to all
                              previous purchases made on our existing accounts?

                              hi everybody! irish branch of braxtonia checking in. i'm still with the
                              program.
                              and heres something/someone new for your ears to bleed to
                              if you get a chance check out colin stetson on youtube. he's merely
                              legendary,
                              the jimi hendrix of the bass saxophone (cept they dont burn so good.
                              but he does...)
                              the guy is breath-takingly good, and incredibly modest and unassuming.
                              he's worked with tom waits, (on alice/blood money) laurie anderson,
                              arcade fire, bon iver, and now hes running solo.

                              interview on channel q in montreal 25 mins
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWMmJuTjkO8

                              plays judges
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YJM2GCvk8

                              breakdown of judges
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UejNbSrJIuA

                              youtube colin stetson search
                              http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=colin+stetson&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=

                              q - how do you drown a hipster?
                              a - drop him in the mainstream
                            • mccrearytube
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                                Evening Kyoko,

                                Downloading music now. Thanks for the heads-up.

                                I am looking foward to the new revamped site and the fact that the subscriptions will cost less and that there will be larger discounts on catalog items. This comes at a good time since the economy is still in recession. A big thanks to you and all at TCF.

                                --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, "Kyoko" <kyokokitamura2002@...> wrote:

                                > A very last minute reminder (sorry!) to download January offering which is Sextet (Piacenza) 2007 and Sextet (Molde) 2005. We are leaving it up a few extra days since we want to make sure every subscriber downloads it. The TCF site will be revamped in March. All current user accounts will be deleted when the new site goes up. New site will have a lower monthly fee, one free album download per month instead of two, larger discount for back catalog items, plus more bootlegs and other surprises. There will be an email going out to all subscribers very soon.
                                >
                                > February offering will be Composition 235 and 236 with AB, James Fei, Brian Glick, Chris Jonas, Steve Lehman, Seth Misterka, Jackson Moore, Kevin O'Neil, Seth Dellinger, Kevin Norton.
                                > http://tricentricfoundation.org/label
                                >
                                > Best,
                                > Kyoko

                              • Kyoko
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                                  Yes, technically speaking, the links will be gone. We would truly appreciate if it you can download everything before the end of February. An email will go out to all subscribers within the next few days to explain this. If, for some reason this is an issue, please send an email to contact@... and we will work with you to find a solution.

                                  Best,
                                  Kyoko

                                  --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, Patrick O Donovan <pdonovan@...> wrote:

                                  > On 31/01/2012 23:07, Kyoko wrote:
                                  > > A very last minute reminder (sorry!) to download January offering which is Sextet (Piacenza) 2007 and Sextet (Molde) 2005. We are leaving it up a few extra days since we want to make sure every subscriber downloads it. The TCF site will be revamped in March. All current user accounts will be deleted when the new site goes up. New site will have a lower monthly fee, one free album download per month instead of two, larger discount for back catalog items, plus more bootlegs and other surprises. There will be an email going out to all subscribers very soon.
                                  > >
                                  > > February offering will be Composition 235 and 236 with AB, James Fei, Brian Glick, Chris Jonas, Steve Lehman, Seth Misterka, Jackson Moore, Kevin O'Neil, Seth Dellinger, Kevin Norton.
                                  > > http://tricentricfoundation.org/label
                                  > >
                                  > > Best,
                                  > > Kyoko
                                  > does this mean that we will lose the download link access to all
                                  > previous purchases made on our existing accounts?
                                  >
                                  > hi everybody! irish branch of braxtonia checking in. i'm still with the
                                  > program.
                                  > and heres something/someone new for your ears to bleed to
                                  > if you get a chance check out colin stetson on youtube. he's merely
                                  > legendary,
                                  > the jimi hendrix of the bass saxophone (cept they dont burn so good.
                                  > but he does...)
                                  > the guy is breath-takingly good, and incredibly modest and unassuming.
                                  > he's worked with tom waits, (on alice/blood money) laurie anderson,
                                  > arcade fire, bon iver, and now hes running solo.
                                  >
                                  > interview on channel q in montreal 25 mins
                                  > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWMmJuTjkO8
                                  >
                                  > plays judges
                                  > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YJM2GCvk8
                                  >
                                  > breakdown of judges
                                  > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UejNbSrJIuA
                                  >
                                  > youtube colin stetson search
                                  > http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=colin+stetson&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=
                                  >

                                  > q - how do you drown a hipster?
                                  > a - drop him in the mainstream

                                • Kyoko
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jan 31, 2012
                                    Oops, I meant to say that we would appreciate it if you can download everything before the end of MARCH not February! I apologize... too many deadelines in my head.

                                    Best,
                                    Kyoko

                                    --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, "Kyoko" <kyokokitamura2002@...> wrote:

                                    > Yes, technically speaking, the links will be gone. We would truly appreciate if it you can download everything before the end of February. An email will go out to all subscribers within the next few days to explain this. If, for some reason this is an issue, please send an email to contact@... and we will work with you to find a solution.
                                    >
                                    > Best,
                                    > Kyoko
                                    >

                                    > --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, Patrick O Donovan <pdonovan@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > On 31/01/2012 23:07, Kyoko wrote:
                                    > > > A very last minute reminder (sorry!) to download January offering which is Sextet (Piacenza) 2007 and Sextet (Molde) 2005. We are leaving it up a few extra days since we want to make sure every subscriber downloads it. The TCF site will be revamped in March. All current user accounts will be deleted when the new site goes up. New site will have a lower monthly fee, one free album download per month instead of two, larger discount for back catalog items, plus more bootlegs and other surprises. There will be an email going out to all subscribers very soon.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > February offering will be Composition 235 and 236 with AB, James Fei, Brian Glick, Chris Jonas, Steve Lehman, Seth Misterka, Jackson Moore, Kevin O'Neil, Seth Dellinger, Kevin Norton.
                                    > > > http://tricentricfoundation.org/label
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Best,
                                    > > > Kyoko
                                    > > does this mean that we will lose the download link access to all
                                    > > previous purchases made on our existing accounts?
                                    > >
                                    > > hi everybody! irish branch of braxtonia checking in. i'm still with the
                                    > > program.
                                    > > and heres something/someone new for your ears to bleed to
                                    > > if you get a chance check out colin stetson on youtube. he's merely
                                    > > legendary,
                                    > > the jimi hendrix of the bass saxophone (cept they dont burn so good.
                                    > > but he does...)
                                    > > the guy is breath-takingly good, and incredibly modest and unassuming.
                                    > > he's worked with tom waits, (on alice/blood money) laurie anderson,
                                    > > arcade fire, bon iver, and now hes running solo.
                                    > >
                                    > > interview on channel q in montreal 25 mins
                                    > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWMmJuTjkO8
                                    > >
                                    > > plays judges
                                    > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YJM2GCvk8
                                    > >
                                    > > breakdown of judges
                                    > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UejNbSrJIuA
                                    > >
                                    > > youtube colin stetson search
                                    > > http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=colin+stetson&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=
                                    > >

                                    > > q - how do you drown a hipster?
                                    > > a - drop him in the mainstream

                                  • Lee Rice Epstein
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Feb 1, 2012
                                      Hi Kyoko,

                                      Sorry if you've answered this, but will the catalog stay the same? Or are
                                      there catalog releases from last year that will go away?

                                      Thanks,
                                      Lee

                                    • Kyoko
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Feb 1, 2012
                                        The catalog will stay. We will be adding more. We have more room on this site so we can upload more music without having to take any off. For starters, when we relaunch, we will have the complete 2007 Iridium run, and more bootlegs. Thank you for your support!

                                        Best,
                                        Kyoko