new Braxton release?

  • jeremyl3
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11 6:46 AM
      Hi All,
      Just wondering if anyone had any info on a new (I guess by this I mean something recorded fairly recently)release from Mr Braxton. I believe Hathut will be re-releasing "Seven Compositions 1989" and "Creative Orchestra 1978" sometime soon - although release dates with Hathut are somewhat problematic. I just wondered if there was anything *new* coming out soon.....?
      cheers,
      jeremy
    • B. Clugston
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11 9:42 AM
        Seven Compositions (Trio) 1989 is already out. Creative Orchestra will be out by October. Both are incredible. Haven't heard of any new releases. The Walter Thompson Four Compositions with Braxton from 1979 is being reissued. HatHut also claims Santa Cruz, Willisau and Memory of Vienna will be reissued.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12 3:06 AM
          Thanks for that....although I'll believe a 'Willisau' release when I see it ;-)

          Also found the following (about which I have been unable to get any info, apart from this below) - it's listed on Amazon and elsewhere:

          Time and Anthony Braxton (Paperback)
          by Stuart Broomer (Author)
          List Price: $19.95
          Price: $13.57
          * Paperback: 240 pag
          * Publisher: Mercury Press (November 2009)
          * ISBN-13: 978-1551281445

          No idea if it will be worthwhile or not, although 'The Battle of the Five Spot' from the same publisher was pretty interesting.

          cheers,

          jeremy