Braxton Video on iTunes

  • Bill Amutis
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2009
      Don't remember anybody posting this so please excuse if this is
      redundant information, BUT:

      I was casually doing a search for Anthony Braxton on iTunes to
      see what they might have up there and saw that under "iTunes U"
      there's a section for "Wesleyan University" which has a section called
      "Center For The Arts" and under a list of videos there is one by the
      Anthony Braxton Large Ensemble that lasts a little over an hour. It's
      a free download.
      I'm in the process of doing the download now so I can't vouch
      for the quality but, hey, it's an hour performance for free of a large
      ensemble under the direction of Anthony Braxton.
      What are you waiting for?
      (There also seems to be a bunch of other interesting performances
      worth investigating.)

      Not Dead Yet,

      Bill Amutis
      usbjazz@...
      web.me.com/mredison
      (Ol' Baggy Eyes)

      Progress is not possible without deviation from the norm-Frank Zappa

    • Richard Rees Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2009
        2009/4/10 Bill Amutis <usbjazz@...>:

        >      I'm in the process of doing the download now so I can't vouch
        > for the quality but, hey, it's an hour performance for free of a large
        > ensemble under the direction of Anthony Braxton.

        Thanks Bill. Please let us know what the quality is like once you've
        completed the download and had a chance to watch it. Personally I'm
        not going to waste my bandwidth on if it's not a proper pro-shot
        video!

        Richard