Braxton Performance For Creative Music Studio on Dime

  • Bill Amutis
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      I was at the CMS benefit last week and it was as good as I
      hoped. It's now being posted on Dime for those who are registered
      into the network there. The Zorn set and the Millennial Territory
      Orchestra sets are posted in the same torrent. The link is HERE.

      Not Dead Yet,

      Bill Amutis
      usbjazz@...
      web.me.com/mredison
      (Ol' Baggy Eyes)

      Progress is not possible without deviation from the norm-Frank Zappa

    • Bill Amutis
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
        The hyperlink to the site didn't come through for some reason.
        The link is:

        http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=221015

        On Nov 1, 2008, at 11:46 PM, Bill Amutis wrote:

        > I was at the CMS benefit last week and it was as good as I
        > hoped. It's now being posted on Dime for those who are registered
        > into the network there. The Zorn set and the Millennial Territory
        > Orchestra sets are posted in the same torrent. The link is HERE.
        >
        > Not Dead Yet,
        >
        > Bill Amutis
        > usbjazz@...
        > web.me.com/mredison
        > (Ol' Baggy Eyes)
        >
        > Progress is not possible without deviation from the norm-Frank Zappa

      • Jason Guthartz
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
          Whom did AB perform with (if anyone)?

          Jason

          On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 10:46 PM, Bill Amutis <usbjazz@...> wrote:

          > I was at the CMS benefit last week and it was as good as I
          > hoped.

        • David Beardsley
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
            Jason Guthartz wrote:
            > Whom did AB perform with (if anyone)?

            Karl Berger - Anthony Braxton - Ingrid Sertso - Trio

            Anthony Braxton,as,ss,sopranino
            Karl Berger,vib,p
            Ingrid Sertso,voc

            --
            * David Beardsley
            * http://biink.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
              --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, David Beardsley <db@...> wrote:
              > Jason Guthartz wrote:
              > > Whom did AB perform with (if anyone)?
              >
              > Karl Berger - Anthony Braxton - Ingrid Sertso - Trio
              >
              > Anthony Braxton,as,ss,sopranino
              > Karl Berger,vib,p
              > Ingrid Sertso,voc

              Here is (oddly) the only review I've been able to find, by David R.
              Adler in Jazz Times:

              http://www.jazztimes.com/reviews/concert_reviews/detail.cfm?article=10541

              "To get a sense of the long-overlooked art that came out of CMS in its
              prime, one could do worse than to pick up The Complete Arista
              Recordings of Anthony Braxton, a new eight-disc box from Mosaic
              Records. Happily, Braxton was on hand to salute his CMS days,
              beginning the evening with Berger and his wife, vocalist and CMS
              cofounder Ingrid Sertso. The three joined in an extended
              improvisation, the most inward-looking, meditative part of the
              program. Braxton played alto, soprano and sopranino saxophones,
              shaping long legato lines through circular breathing, building to
              dramatic growls and high whistles. Sertso's role, though intriguing,
              seemed more peripheral; her syllabic and rhythmic lines culminated a
              couple of times in a sighed phrase, "Say it isn't so." (Perhaps a
              Sarah Palin reference?) Berger mused in a pastoral ECM-like vein on
              piano before walking over to the vibraphone to outline something more
              cryptic and jagged. Before he could return to the piano, a pulsing
              tempo arose from voice and sax, for merely a minute. The logic seemed
              irresistible: end the piece here, on a hint of emerging solidity."