high school band does Braxton

  • Jason Guthartz
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
      video of a school band playing Comp. 58:
      http://www.us.edu/alumni/videos/video.cfm?video=jazz3.flv|153

      also here (with a smart-ass title added to the beginning):

      University School "is a private all-boys day school located near the
      city of Cleveland, Ohio":

      Hunting Valley, Ohio -- University School's 1:00 Jazz Ensemble
      recently appeared on Fox 8 News in the Morning as a preview for a
      gig featuring jazz saxophonist Sam Morrison, who was a member of the
      legendary Miles Davis Band. Mr. Morrison was a guest soloist with
      the Jazz Ensemble and Combo at Nighttown Restaurant.
      Under the direction of David Kay, the Ensemble performed various
      selections throughout the morning news show. The 17-member group is
      comprised of trumpets, saxophones, trombones, and a rhythm section.

      (no, I'm not adding it to the discography)

      --
      Jason Guthartz
      jason@...

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
          --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, DP <jazzmanneobop@...> wrote:

          > If this high school meets Ben Opie's high school for Allegheny
          Division football championship, it will be one hell of a half time show!
        • CheepnisAroma
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
            On 10/1/06, Jason Guthartz <jason@...> wrote:

            > video of a school band playing Comp. 58:
            > http://www.us.edu/alumni/videos/video.cfm?video=jazz3.flv|153
            >
            > also here (with a smart-ass title added to the beginning):
            > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8846360974983196478

            Nice. Thanks!

            -- Jérôme

          • benjaminopie
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
              --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan" <jbp60606@...> wrote:

              > --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, DP <jazzmanneobop@> wrote:
              > >
              > > If this high school meets Ben Opie's high school for Allegheny
              > Division football championship, it will be one hell of a half time show!

              Well, not to brag, but I'm doing a focus on Anthony Braxton and
              Cornelius Cardew with my ensemble this year. Assuming we stay on track
              with that plan, we should have a nicely balanced program I think. So
              far they're working on 6C, 40F, 84, and 108B, have done 69E and 67 in
              the past, and we'll tackle one or two of the GTMs (thanks John). I've
              just had them start to look over Cardew's Autumn 60, and will give
              them Octet later in the year. I have a copy of Treatise but I think
              that might actually be too much.

              Ben
            • Random Particle
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
                I want to hear these performances. I mean, really. Are you going to record it? Please?

                David Parker..........live direct from Leon etc.