I: hello - introduction

  • Francesco Martinelli
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 1999
      > Dear Friends,
      > I'be been involved with the music of AB for many years now and I heartily
      > welcome the birth of this list. I am in the final stages of publishing my
      AB
      > Discography, about which I'll be more than happy to send details (or post,
      > if there's interest).
      > I'd be interested to know the line-up of the Washington concert that I've
      > been told Braxton House just published.
      > Looking forward to hear from you,
      >
      > Francesco Martinelli
      > Lungarno Mediceo 10
      > 56127 PISA
      > office email f.martinelli@...
      > fax 0039 050 3137502

    • Robert Spencer
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 1999
        Here is the lineup of the new Braxton House Washington discs, which are
        fantastic. Comps 222 and 223 are not only the best recorded examples yet
        of the Ghost Trance Musics, but they aid greatly in the understanding of
        the earlier compositions.

        Composition No. 70
        Anthony Braxton flute; e-flat, b-flat & contrabass clarinets; alto & f
        saxophones
        James Fei bass clarinet; soprano & alto saxophones
        David Novak bassoon, contrabassoon
        Taylor Ho Bynum trumpet, pocket trumpet, flugelhorn
        Pete Cafarella accordion
        Jonathan Zorn bass
        Kevin Norton percussion

        Compositon No. 222
        Rachel Thompson violin
        Eric Ronick piano

        Composition No. 46
        Anthony Braxton conductor
        Rob Brown flute
        Yosuke Oshima oboe
        Rafael Cohen english horn
        Jackson Moore clarinet
        James Fei bass clarinet
        Anita Miller french horn
        Taylor Ho Bynum trumpet
        Joe Fiedler trombone
        Chris Olness bass trombone
        Chris Washburne tuba

        Composition No. 223
        Anthony Braxton flute; e-flat, b-flat, contrabass clarinets; alto, f &
        bass saxophones
        Brandon Evans flute; C-soprano & tenor saxophone; sopranino &
        bass clarinet
        James Fei bass clarinet; soprano, alto & baritone saxophones
        Chris Jonas soprano, alto, and tenor saxophones
        Richard McGee soprano saxophone
        Seth Misterka alto saxophone
        Jackson Moore alto saxophone
        J.D. Parran soprano & bass saxophone
        Andre Vida soprano, tenor & baritone saxophone
        Kevin O'Neil electric guitar
        Joe Fonda bass
        Jonathan Zorn accordion; bass
        Kevin Norton percussion

        Francesco Martinelli wrote:

        > From: "Francesco Martinelli" <fmartinelli@...>
        >
        > > Dear Friends,
        > > I'be been involved with the music of AB for many years now and I heartily
        > > welcome the birth of this list. I am in the final stages of publishing my
        > AB
        > > Discography, about which I'll be more than happy to send details (or post,
        > > if there's interest).
        > > I'd be interested to know the line-up of the Washington concert that I've
        > > been told Braxton House just published.
        > > Looking forward to hear from you,
        > >
        > > Francesco Martinelli
        > > Lungarno Mediceo 10
        > > 56127 PISA
        > > office email f.martinelli@...
        > > fax 0039 050 3137502

        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > http://www.onelist.com/community/Anthony_BRAXTON
      • Franz Fuchs
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 25, 1999
          > From: Francesco Martinelli [mailto:fmartinelli@...]
          >
          > Dear Friends,
          > I'be been involved with the music of AB for many years now
          > and I heartily
          > welcome the birth of this list. I am in the final stages of
          > publishing my
          > AB
          > Discography, about which I'll be more than happy to send
          > details (or post,
          > if there's interest).

          Dear Bruno,
          I enjoyed reading your liner notes to "Sextet (Instanbul) 1996". And
          the part where AB tried to draw diagrams while driving was amusing...
          I'd be interested to read details about your discography.
          (Details about releases and their respective liner notes can be found
          at:
          http://www.wesleyan.edu/music/braxton/ )

          Speaking of discographies: After Jason Guthartz' online-discography
          http://members.tripod.com/restructures ,
          the All-Music Guide is the best way to get an overview of Anthony
          Braxton's oevre.
          http://allmusic.com/cg/x.dll?UID=12:29:47|PM&p=amg&sql=B6166
          They review surprisingly many albums, although sometimes they are a bit
          taciturn. Example: "For Four Ochestras" has just one sentence - "This
          features a huge gathering of musicians." :-)

          Regards
          Franz Fuchs
        • Franz Fuchs
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 26, 1999
            > From: "Francesco Martinelli" <fmartinelli@...>
            >
            > > Dear Bruno,
            >
            > I am honored as this is a name used in my family, but do
            > wonder how you came
            > up with it... :-)))

            Sorry Francesco, that was a blackout of myself. But fortunately you've
            taken it with good humour :-)

            Your book seems to be a valuable addition to the literature about
            Braxton. Who is its publisher? Release date?

            Regards
            Franz Fuchs