hello, new to the list

  • Jens Tilsner
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hello all!
      I only discovered this list today, exciting to finally meet other
      Braxtonophiles (only knew *one* guy who doesn�t run when i play Braxton so
      far...). Thanx to Franz for starting this!
      I was wondering if any of You might have live tapes like FM broadcasts etc
      and would be willing to trade them? (i�d like to point out that i�m pretty
      active trading live music of abnds that officially allow taping - any other
      deadheads here? - and care a lot about not violating copyrights of the
      artists: i don�t sell or buy live music, only 1 tape : 1 tape exchange). So
      far i only ever came across one live Braxton tape, an incomplete audience
      recording of one of the 76 Quartets not on record from Chicago. Not for
      those who were unsatisfied with the Leo Quartet CD�s recording quality, but
      the music is great (of course...)

      to pick up some threads i read in the digests:
      GTM - when i first heard this new stuff i found it pretty monotonous.
      repeated listening revealed ever more details and by now i�m at a stage
      where i�m wondering how anybody knows what to play at all! What is the
      system besides the constant pulse� And i have to agree No. 223 on
      Washington 98 is the best so far, a real musical journey!

      traditionals - my favourite by far in this region is the 14 Compositions
      (Traditional) 1996 with Steward Gillmor on leo. The combination of real old
      time stuff with "modernist" arrangements is just hilarious. Kansas City Man
      Blues is so incredible i almost play this once a day to raise my spirits.
      When Braxton comes back in after the piano solo, he plays one of the most
      tender and beautiful melodies i�ve ever heard from a sax (at lightning
      speed, last ca. 5-10 sec...).

      So far for now, glad to meet You all!
      Jens
      now a real homepage:
      http://private.freepage.de/tilli/
      cd trade list:
      http://private.freepage.de/tilli/cdlist.htm

      Love and life
      Interested me so
      That i dared to knock
      At the doors of the cosmos
      Sun Ra
    • Ken Waxman
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
        Jens:

        Figure there's so few tapes aroud because Braxton puts "everything" out
        on disk.

        Ken Waxman

      • Franz Fuchs
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
          > From: Jens Tilsner <jens.tilsner@...-bayreuth.de>
          >
          > So far i only ever came across one live Braxton tape, an
          > incomplete audience
          > recording of one of the 76 Quartets not on record from
          > Chicago.

          Welcome Jens!

          I have an approx. 10 minute segment of a solo concert (May 4th 1978,
          K�ln - is this still unreleased?) which I could convert to MP3 and put
          up on a web site if the Braxton-list members have interest in it.

          Regards
          Franz Fuchs