Re: [Braxton] Series F/Donna Lee reissues

  • Franz Fuchs
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2005
      Steve Smith wrote:

      > and Verve has only imported 1,000 copies of each for the U.S.

      This reminds me to ask: How limited are the individual reissues,
      meaning, how many copies are there altogether?

      Best regards
      Franz Fuchs
    • Jason Guthartz
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2005
        --- In Anthony_BRAXTON@yahoogroups.com, "Franz Fuchs" <f.fuchs@g...>
        wrote:
        > Steve Smith wrote:
        > > and Verve has only imported 1,000 copies of each for the U.S.
        >
        > This reminds me to ask: How limited are the individual reissues,
        > meaning, how many copies are there altogether?

        My understanding is a total of 5000 copies printed: 1000 for the US,
        2500 for Europe, 1500 for the rest of the world.

        http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=13476&view=findpost&p=330377
      • Franz Fuchs
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
          This may be of interest to the eMusic subscribers among you. The duets
          with Wadada Leo Smith on Pi Recordings are new:

          "Saturn, Conjunct The Grand Canyon In A Sweet Embrace"
          http://www.emusic.com/album/10852/10852850.html

          "Organic Resonance"
          http://www.emusic.com/album/10851/10851168.html

          Recently Kevin Whitehead wrote a short introduction to Braxton:
          http://www.emusic.com/genre/feature/200411/291.html
          ("Anthony Braxton: In the Tradition (Still): The veteran
          iconoclast still pushes the envelope")

          Best regards
          Franz Fuchs