FREE DOG TREATS FOR RESCUES

  • Maggie
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 1:59 PM
      FREE Dog Treats to Rescues

      This is off of the perfinder message boards.

      I have once again been approached by Kraft Canada about taking a
      shipment of soon to be expired dog treats. They would much rather
      give them away to homeless, unwanted and abused dogs than PAY to
      dispose of them, so they are UP FOR GRABS!!

      This next shipment, expected around the week of June 13th will be
      HUGE! As it stands now, they anticipate having over 100 SKIDS to
      dispose of. These are entirely FREE, but there are two conditions:

      (1) You have to sign a legal document stating you will NOT sell these
      treats, but you can give them away as you want, and
      (2) You have to pick up. I'm in Ontario, about 90 minutes north-east
      of Toronto.

      Now, before some of you guys think that it's not worth the drive to
      get these treats, maybe rethink this. You could rent a van (if you
      don't already have one) and have a few shelters/rescues go together
      on the cost of van rental and gas. You could FILL the van ABSOLUTELY
      FULL of treats and keep your rescue going for months and months!! A
      cargo van could probably hold around 4-5 skids if empty. Just imagine
      how many happy doggies that would help!

      Yes, these are short-dated, meaning they will officially "expire" on
      June 20th (I believe that's the date), but many shelters and rescues
      are ok with using them beyond this date.

      All I need to know ahead of time is how many skids you want. Don't
      feel you have to take an entire skid if you don't have a need - you
      can take just 1/2 or 1/4 if that's best for you. Just let me know.

      Two more things: If you are interested, I would ask that you e-mail
      me at brenda.bunn@... and let me know the name of your
      rescue/shelter/humane society, including your address, and how many
      you would like (in terms of skids or partial skids). I'm sorry I
      can't be more clear on the type of treats and the packaging size, but
      I just don't have it right now.

      Second - and this is important: If I can't get enough people
      interested in taking a portion of this shipment, I will decline. I
      would HATE to do that, as so many dogs could benefit, but I just
      don't have any storage space to hold over 100 skids at my home! I
      will need a firm committment as the time gets closer, be even if you
      are probably interested, please do e-mail me ahead of time so that I
      have an idea of how many we can use.

      Please folks......I don't want to turn this down as it may not happen
      again if I do. I would hate to see a good thing end.

      And lastly, feel free to crosspost.