FW: Northern VA - animals that need rescued asap-out of time

  • rescuethemutt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2013

      From:
      "HSFC Admin" <PETS@...>
      Date: May 15, 2013 3:28:40 PM EDT
      Subject: URGENT - animals  that need rescued asap-out of time

      Hello,

      We received a call from a woman named Sharon Bender that is being evicted tomorrow morning at 11:30 am from her trailer in Spotsylvania County - she has 4 dogs that she is desperately trying to find homes for.  Her friend - Cary - from Shadow Cats Advocates -  is trying to help her and will transport  animals for her.  Carey’s # is 571-408-9626.  I don’t have Carey’s last name. Sharon’s # is 540-659-7786 and her address is 8713 Humphries Dr. Partlow, VA.  22434.  Animal Control is going to go in and seize all of her animals tomorrow morning and take them to a local kill shelter.

      None of the dogs are current on any shots and there may be health issues not listed here.

      She has a 13 yr old labradoodle named Casey that is neutered, has arthritis and a hardened ear flap.

      She also has a beagle/bassett mix named Buddy that is 13 and neutered.  He has a fatty tumor.

      She also has a coonhound named Dash that is 3 yrs old and not neutered.

      She also has a coonhound named Holly that is 8 yrs old and is not spayed.

      Can anyone help out at all?  Our facility is full so we cannot take any in.

      She also has 24 cats that she needs to find homes for - there is an indication of upper respiratory infections (nasal discharge in 2 cats)and none are up to date on any shots. Approx. 17 appear to be already spayed/neutered and they range from 1 yr to 10 yrs old. But once again, we are all at maximum capacity and cannot take any in.

      If anyone can help and take in any of these animals in, please call Sharon or Carey ASAP.

      Thank you,

      Janice Adams

      Office Manager

      Humane Society of Fairfax County

      703-385-PETS

      Fax-703-935-8225

      www.hsfc.org

      Come find your new "Furever" Friend today!

      --

      STOP CANINE PROFILING.  BSL IS BS

      Please DO NOT add me to your email list without my permission.

      You cannot email me at patti-stinson@....  You can reach me at pattistinson13@...

      My rules of responsible rescue - http://mysite.verizon.net/vze14iauy/id12.html

      I no longer use language that accepts the current concept of animals as property, commodities and/or things. Rather than refer to myself and others as "owners" of animals, I now refer to myself and others as "guardians" of our animal companions and to animals as "he" or "she" rather than "it". I urge you to do the same.

      Please do NOT add me to your email list without my permission.

      I no longer use language that accepts the current concept of animals as property, commodities and/or things. Rather than refer to myself and others as "owners" of animals, I now refer to myself and others as "guardians" of our animal companions and to animals as "he" or "she" rather than "it". I urge you to do the same.

      ---
      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Patti Stinson" group.