FW: Senior Golden

  • rescuethemutt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2013

      From: Dog Bless [mailto:dogblesswv@...]
      Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:23 PM
      To: rescuethemutt
      Subject: RE: Senior Golden

      Hi everyone -

      Thanks for your interest re: Bailey. Bailey went for a second opinion today and got big news! The tumor, though baseball-sized, hasn't spread. The vet recommends removing the tumor within the week. Due to the volume of emails we've received about sweet Bailey, I wrote a blog post with details. Please share it with anyone who was interested in her. We are also raising funds for the surgery.

      http://www.dogblesswv.org/bailey

      Thanks!

      Chelsea

      Dog Bless
      Promoting rescue at KCHA
      Charleston, WV
      www.dogblesswv.org

      Friend Dog Bless on Facebook
      View our Available Dogs here

      Jennifer Burgess, Transport Coordinator, 304-421-3780
      Cathy McClung, Vetting Coordinator, 304-419-4543
      Beth Sampson, Vetting Coordinator, 304-437-1836
      Chelsea Staley, Rescue Coordinator, 304-549-5535
      Mary Stevens, Foster Coordinator, 304-549-8947

      From: rescuethemutt@...
      To: goldenresq@...; dogblesswv@...
      Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:19:00 -0500

      I might just have a foster home to take this baby.... so it's basically a hospice foster right??

      Do you know about  Paws for Seniors in Warrenton and House with a Heart   can't remember which one but it's a hospice rescue.

      Where is she right now???

      From: dogblesswv@...
      To: goldenresq@...
      Subject: Senior Golden
      Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 11:23:29 -0500

      Hi Mary,

      Brittany Brownfield suggested I email you.  I'm with Dog Bless, the volunteer group at Kanawha-Charleston shelter in Charleston, WV.  A senior Golden girl came to the shelter last week.  She has an abscessed tumor, which we've since learned is advanced breast cancer.  She has a good quality of life for now, and our vet agrees that isn't not yet time to PTS.  She's happy, friendly and loves human affection.  She is on the small side for a Golden, and rides well in the car.

      We moved her to a foster home locally but she isn't getting along with the dogs there.  Since Lord knows where she came from (and judging by her condition, it wasn't anywhere loving), we'd like to make her last days her best.  Is there any chance you can help?  Her name is Bailey.

      Thanks!

      Chelsea

      Dog Bless
      Promoting rescue at KCHA
      Charleston, WV
      dogblesswv@...

      Friend Dog Bless on Facebook
      View our Available Dogs here

      Jennifer Burgess, Transport Coordinator, 304-421-3780
      Cathy McClung, Vetting Coordinator, 304-419-4543
      Beth Sampson, Vetting Coordinator, 304-437-1836
      Chelsea Staley, Rescue Coordinator, 304-549-5535
      Mary Stevens, Foster Coordinator, 304-549-8947

      Image removed by sender.
      Sweet Bailey needs a hospice foster. She has what equates to advanced breast cancer, and treatment is unlikely to help. For now, she has a good quality of life. Loves human affection and is very friendly. She would prefer to be in a home without other dogs.

      We don't want Bailey to suffer, but our vet agrees that she still has some good days left. With the neglect she has experienced, these are likely to be the best days of her life. Can you help?

      Email dogblesswv@... to be the love of Bailey's life.