Pompano Beach, Florida - Help Needed for 2 Dogs who Owner Died of Cancer

  • sherri1167
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hi. This is Sherri in South Florida. A small group of us are trying to help two bonded dogs who owner died of cancer. A sad situation for the dogs and the womans children, who have all been split apart, the oldest 22, could not care for them. He did not want them to be split up or got to a shelter, so we stepped in.

      NEEDED: Vet Bill assistance. The dogs were UTD on shots, but had no proof of being given heartworm preventive. So before giving they needed a check up, and tests. Toby has many allergies, had an eye and ear issue. Toby had double ear infections high yeast and bacteria, after 1 week check up still bad, and added a medicated ear cleaner and a medicated shampoo for his skin ( which is also yeasty)
      He had an ulcerated cornea, infected eye and has dry eye right eye. He got put on 3 different eye drops. He also has cherry eye ( but was told that is just cosmetic) He is overweight. They checked his thyroid. He has hypothyroidism and is now getting put on soloxine. Lucy is healthy, but still needs to be spayed before we find them their forever home. Presently they are in a very nice boarding facility why we search for a foster. cost $140/week

      Toby and Lucy age approx 8 (though some documents have said 4???)
      are a Beagle and Shih Tzu, a bonded couple . They are both happy and loving.

      you can reach me at : joesbutterfly@... for address or more information.

      NEEDED: donations for vet care $909.90 already spent (Toby still has followups and medications, and Lucy needs to be spayed) can be made through Fundrazr - http://fnd.us/c/fQnT0 or directly to vets office.
      (address is on the fundrazr or email me )

      Needed: Food for Lucy - she is very picky and will not eat the good high quality food at boarding. she will only eat what she came with which is cesar. any donations of cesar wet food- Publix gift card, or any petstore ( petco, pet supermarket, Petsmart are all nearby)

      Toby and Lucy need flea / tick treatment

      They could use new beds, blankets or towels. They have no leashes.
      ( using ones from boarding facility) they both need harnesses. toys,healthy snacks.

      (I also foster two dogs and can use all of the above. towels, beds or blankets, snacks, toys and healthy food )

      Donations towards Boarding - contact me joesbutterfly@... and I can give you the information of where they are at so you can call and make a donation directly or give address to mail.

      Thank you for looking and if you can do anything to help, it would be so appreciated. <3