Re: [AnimalWishList] I'm New Here.

  • Lori A Campbell
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2005
      That is what is happening with my awful neighbors. They told animal
      control they are going to start trapping the feral cats and taking them to
      the pound. I am so sad about this. There is one especially who comes
      around here at times that I have become found of. I think my
      exboyfriend's cat fathered this one when he got loose because the cat
      looks exactly like him...the same markings too. My exboyfriend's cat died
      a couple years ago and it's like having Tiger back again. I hope these
      evil people don't trap him. I can't get him to come to me.

      Lori

      On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, wildflower_527 wrote:

      > Hi, My name is Karen. Just joined. I wanted to thank the moderators for
      > providing this group site. It is much needed. I love all animals, but
      > my main objective is caring for my feral cat colony, and making people
      > realize how important it is to spay and neuter you cats and dogs. It is
      > also important to keep your cats indoors, away from harm. We have had
      > our colony for about 3 years now, and since then I have learned a lot.
      > I didn't even know there was such a thing as a feral cat. I always
      > thought of them as strays. I have felt a lot of heartache since
      > starting this colony. We have had cats who were beyond help, and I've
      > sat with them 'til the end. We have one kitty that I call Little Girl.
      > She has seen her sister caught in a cage by a neighbor with other cats
      > and hauled off to the pound, and watched playmates pass on. You can see
      > the questioning sadness in her eyes. Just today, for the first time I
      > was able to pick her up and pet her! My heart leaped! Each time I cross
      > into a point of trust with these furry children of mine, it's a big
      > step. It means that they are ready for a real home. Little Girl, after
      > one whole year, is ready for a home. It's sad to think she may be
      > leaving, and exciting to hope she will soon have a people family. Well
      > anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone, and wish you all the
      > best with your non-biological children.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Blanca Friedman
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2005
        Hi Karen,
        I feel for you and Lori, my heart bleeds every time I
        see cats runing around in the wild, I too take food ,
        water and boxes with blankets to them, most of them
        won't come when I call them but every day when I see
        the empty plates and their warm little boxes I get so
        happy! Keep up the good work, we all need more people
        like you!
        Love
        Blanca
        A caring soul.

        --- Lori A Campbell <lcampbel@...> wrote:

        > That is what is happening with my awful neighbors.
        > They told animal
        > control they are going to start trapping the feral
        > cats and taking them to
        > the pound. I am so sad about this. There is one
        > especially who comes
        > around here at times that I have become found of. I
        > think my
        > exboyfriend's cat fathered this one when he got
        > loose because the cat
        > looks exactly like him...the same markings too. My
        > exboyfriend's cat died
        > a couple years ago and it's like having Tiger back
        > again. I hope these
        > evil people don't trap him. I can't get him to come
        > to me.
        >
        > Lori
        >
        > On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, wildflower_527 wrote:
        >
        > > Hi, My name is Karen. Just joined. I wanted to
        > thank the moderators for
        > > providing this group site. It is much needed. I
        > love all animals, but
        > > my main objective is caring for my feral cat
        > colony, and making people
        > > realize how important it is to spay and neuter you
        > cats and dogs. It is
        > > also important to keep your cats indoors, away
        > from harm. We have had
        > > our colony for about 3 years now, and since then I
        > have learned a lot.
        > > I didn't even know there was such a thing as a
        > feral cat. I always
        > > thought of them as strays. I have felt a lot of
        > heartache since
        > > starting this colony. We have had cats who were
        > beyond help, and I've
        > > sat with them 'til the end. We have one kitty that
        > I call Little Girl.
        > > She has seen her sister caught in a cage by a
        > neighbor with other cats
        > > and hauled off to the pound, and watched playmates
        > pass on. You can see
        > > the questioning sadness in her eyes. Just today,
        > for the first time I
        > > was able to pick her up and pet her! My heart
        > leaped! Each time I cross
        > > into a point of trust with these furry children of
        > mine, it's a big
        > > step. It means that they are ready for a real
        > home. Little Girl, after
        > > one whole year, is ready for a home. It's sad to
        > think she may be
        > > leaving, and exciting to hope she will soon have a
        > people family. Well
        > > anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone,
        > and wish you all the
        > > best with your non-biological children.
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • jlkawell
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2005
          Hello Karen and well, Everyone....

          Hi, my name is Judy and I just joined as well and like you, would
          also like to thank the Group Owner and Moderators for providing this
          site.

          Karen, what a wonderful job you are doing and all that work in Animal
          Rescue, both domestic and wildlife. We live very rural and are known
          as 'animal lovers', consequently we get alot of no longer wanted
          'drop offs'. In the middle of the night, when we hear a car or a
          truck go down our dead end country road, we know to get up and go
          down to see what has been abandoned and what is hopefully salvagable
          and what we will be able to vet, spay/neuter and hopefully find a
          loving home.

          We have a feral colony out back in our woods, most that we are aware
          of we have been able to live trap, vet, spay/neuter, test and
          release. We do what we can, feed and water who we can and Pray for
          the others.....Bless their hearts. If people would only realize how
          important it is to keep their unspayed/unneutered animals from
          straying and adding to the already overburdened unhomed animal
          population...but they seem not to, so we do what we can.

          Thank you all for loving and caring for the homeless furred,
          feathered or finned.

          I am so proud to have found this group and hopefully be able to
          contribute either in past experiences, knowledge or things needed.

          Judy

          --- In AnimalWishList@yahoogroups.com, "wildflower_527"