very overwhelmed

  • muckwaldees
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2011
      I know and not really wanting to do this but gonna give you the same sob story I'm sure you have heard over and over anyway. Even if its just for venting.

      I started and ran the Perry County Humane Society in New Lexington Ohio about 8 or 9 years ago and have since resigned due to too much conflict and I was burned out on trying so hard to make it work it was time for a small break. I am still doing private rescue from my home and not allowed to even join the humane society I started (part of the conflict). Here is my problem at hand: Took in a pit bull and a beagle who seemed to be best friends, eat play and stay in the same crate when we are gone. Put them in the crate together two days ago came home to a mauled beagle who had to be rushed to the vet. First vet charged me $200. No big deal but they wanted her to be taken to a 24 hour med vet which I did. Now my bill could go as high as $4500.00. They had me charge to a cc so far $2700.00 for the deposit. Normally money is not a major issue but I've lost my full time job and have found a part time job which lays off every year from mid Nov. to first week of Jan. The frame on my car I drive to work litterally broke so now I have to buy another car before I go back to work. My husbands Dr. bills are $8000.00 and I'm trying to get NACA to get my house payment lowered in which they said it should be according to my finances around $600.00 but it is currently $1000.00. Most of this was never a problem until I lost my full time job. I'm scared, overwhelmed and want to just cry but that won't help me either. I am currently housing 6 dogs and 20 cats. Got all the female cats spays caught up a few weeks ago. and still have more spays and neuters to do. Anyway if anyone has any good ideas of support or help or even a shoulder to cry on I would appreciate it. I'm going to also look into filing bankruptcy which I've never had to consider before but gotta do something. Thanks for listening. Linda