fundraiser to get puppy home from afganistan

  • JenniferP
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2010
      My husband is out in Afaganistan, where the animals we treat as pets, are considered trash...they do not get near any humane treatment, they are more of a target of abuse. The animals that get in American camps, usually get euthanized, there is no way to set up camps for pets on these military bases in a war zone. There is a puppy at my husband's camp that he is wanting to ship back home to safety. There will be a rescue group from the United Kingdom going into the country to retrieve the puppy, and issuing quarantine time as well as vaccinations. Then, the puppy will be flown to the United States where I will receive him at the airport. All this will cost about $3000.00, most of it being the air flight cost. Anyone willing to donate toward this effort will tremendously help, this type of rescue is costly, but the puppies don't know that, and they don't have a chance where they are at. Even when the puppy arrives, there is still alot of work to do (the vetting, training, and so on..). Please help us get this puppy to safety! Thank you so much in advance! jennifer at aristocatgirl@... our rescue site is http://aristocats.rescuegroups.org