Pure Mutts Animal Sanctuary needs help keeping its doors open

  • priyankajohri1
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2010
      Hi! right after Hurricane Ike I started a Pure Mutts Animal Sanctuary for older, hurt and special need dogs. We are a small private sanctuary and usually have between 20-30 dogs. For past 4 yrs my salary was sufficient to keep the sanctuary going. But i lost my job 2 months ago and things are going down hill slowly. I have applied for the non profit status but it will take few months.
      Our medical bills are really high due to special need animals.
      We have diabetic dogs, artheritic dogs, dogs with fibrolyalgia, megaesopagus and hip dysplacia.
      If any one has extra medications to share with us or pay for some of the medications it will help us a lot. We are also looking for food donations but due to sick animals and compromised immune system we can only use high quality organic food like Nature's Receipe etc or any food from Natural Pawz in Houston area.
      We need
      Heart Guards for 24 dogs right now 50-100 lbs and 4 25-50 lbs and 2 below 15 lb dogs. Couple of months supplies will help.
      Loads of Pet Glucosomine. We have over 8 over 12 yrs old dogs plus several younger ones with bone issues
      Amino Acids capsules (immune system Builder) (We get them From GNC)
      Lysine (immune system builder)
      Fish oil capsules
      Insulin
      Syringes
      Liquid Vitamin for mega esophagus dog. He doesn't get enough nutrients through his food.
      Bailey chair
      Mulch(in the play area and pens)
      Straw Bales (to build Straw Bale Dog Houses)

      We also need a portable building that we can insulate and put heater in for dogs to keep them comfortable during winter. If some one has something they can donate it will be great or we can do a fund raiser.

      We are located 40 miles north of Houston in Conroe area.
      Our website is www.PureMuttsAnimalSanctuary.com
      Our Email is Adopt@...
      thanks
      priyanka