Murphy

  • American Cocker Spaniel Rescue
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2010
    Hello, All!

    A Chip-In account has been started for Murphy.  Murphy is THE funniest little dog, ever!  He's a real sweetie-pie, but arrived with a few medical/health issues.  He had his eye removed today, due to glaucoma that was causing him pain -- he was blind in it anyways, so at least now he'll be pain-free.  We were able to find a vet that would do the surgery for about half of what his first vet estimated ($1,200-$1,600!!).  His surgery today came to $871, and his prior medical expenses have been over $900.  This has left ACSR seriously strapped for cash, and now we're scrambling to be able to cover today's surgery bill.

    If any of you wouldn't mind skipping your espresso/latte', skipping a movie, or some other small personal luxury this week, and chip that money into Murphy's account -- it would be SO much appreciated!!  Please consider making a contribution, even if it's only $5 -- every little bit helps.  Here's Murphy's Chip-In account:  http://acsrwa.chipin.com/murphys-eye-surgery   The "goal" on his page may still read $1,600, but I've lowered it to $900 -- changes take a little while to show up, I guess.

    If you have already contributed THANKS SO VERY, VERY MUCH!!  If you know of anyone else that might be able to contribute, please forward this email on to them, as well.  Everyone's help is appreciated -- ACSR thanks you, and so does li'l Murphy (picture of Murphy attached)!!

    Terri
    ACSR

    Raise money for American Cocker Spaniel Rescue just by searching the Internet with www.GoodSearch.com (powered by Yahoo), or shopping online with www.GoodShop.com

    What is man without the beasts?
    If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of the spirit.
    For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man.
    All things are connected.

    Chief Seattle (Duwamish Tribe)

    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~~ Gandhi