Help!

  • Brittany
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2010
      I am 11 years odl and love to help out with anythign i can that has to do with animal welfare groups.I am helping out with a group and they are in need of a lot of bleach and dog food.!!!!!!!!!!!!!They need help.And alot of it.could any one help them by sneding in some bleach or dog food for them?
    • caneschica@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2010
        What group is it that you are helping?
        If you want donations sent to that group, the please include their information, along w/ mailing address, name of group, plus name of person whom the packages can be sent "in care of"

        From: "Brittany" <bnsweet@...>
        Sender: AnimalWishList@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:17:16 -0000
        To: <AnimalWishList@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [AnimalWishList] Help!

        I am 11 years odl and love to help out with anythign i can that has to do with animal welfare groups.I am helping out with a group and they are in need of a lot of bleach and dog food.!!!!!!!!!!!!!They need help.And alot of it.could any one help them by sneding in some bleach or dog food for them?

      • jenny stone
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2010

          It's an incredible waste of ony to ship bleach and dog food.  Unless your donors are close enough to drop things off at the shelter or the group's foster homes, their money will goa  lot farther if they send gist cards to places like Walmart. Aldi  and Petsmart so the group can purchase their own bleach and dogfood.

          Have you thought about contacting local media, service groups (Kiwanis, Rotary), chruches, 4-H groups, etc. to get help for your group?

          And yes, it's absolutely necssary that you give everyone you ask for help the name and address of the group you are requesting help for.

          Also, speaking as a member of a group which has received a lot of overly expensive and/or essentially useless stuff from well-meaning people, please*ask* the group what they actually need most - especially what kind(s) of dog food they can use- before you go out collecting things.

          From: "Brittany" <bnsweet@...>
          Sender: AnimalWishList@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:17:16 -0000
          To: <AnimalWishList@yahoogroups.com>

          I am 11 years odl and love to help out with anythign i can that has to do with animal welfare groups.I am helping out with a group and they are in need of a lot of bleach and dog food.!!!!!!!!!!!!!They need help.And alot of it.could any one help them by sneding in some bleach or dog food for them?

        • starshadow
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
            I am homeless, staying under my son's roof, which has been horrible. My cats are boarded at Berkeley Dog and Cat, 2 cats, $46 a night. If anyone can foster, I'll buy a huge bag of fancy cat food every week, feed it to your cats, too, it will still cost less than the boarding.

            Backed into a corner, got all kinds of other calls and e-mails out, just asking everyone. I'm in Berkeley, CA, near Ashby, will drive to a foster. Want to visit my cats regularly. This has been horrible.

            (Cliff's Notes: Lived in Ohio, lost my job, lost my house after fighting for 4 years. Went to Washington state--temporary place--to help someone with her dad while they set up home health care. Moved to Ukiah for a caretaker job only to find no running water, and it really wasn't a priority to install any, came down here to stay with my son. I need a retroactive abortion at this point. He's being awful, and I know I raised him better.)

            510-965-2795

            Debbie

            2 cats, orange shorthairs, one male, neutered, one female, spayed. Vaccinated and treated with advantage through Berkeley dog and cat. Can provide a cage for introductions. And, yes, when I'm landed, I will foster for rescue.
            I pledge allegiance to the Earth and all the Life which it supports. One Planet in our care, irreplaceable, with sustenance and respect for all.