Looking for volunteers to sew coats

  • houndies
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31 2:10 PM
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm involved in retired racing greyhound adoption in Richmond VA. My latest project is to create a volunteer group that will sew flannel coats for greyhound adoption groups. As we all know, most adoption groups are 100% volunteer and have limited funds. My hope is that we can get the materials either donated or at a very low cost and have the sewing done by volunteers so we can provide coats for free. Each state has at least one greyhound adoption group so you would be contributing to a really wonderful volunteer group in your state :)

      In case you're wondering why greyhounds need coats....greyhounds have about half the body fat of other dogs and have only a single layer coat of very fine fur. This prevents them from being able to regulate heat and cold like other dogs. With so many adoption groups in the colder climates and in Canada, there is always the need for coats.

      If you are interested in becoming a volunteer of this grass root cause, please email me.

      Thanks so much!
    • Fabe & Rocky
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
        Hi, I would like to help, but live in Nebraska. Thanks, Roxane