very sick 6 or 7 week old kitten

  • janloveskittens
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2010
      I found this kitten 4 days ago in a parking lot and brought her home to keep. Yesterday I took her to a vet when I noticed she was breathing very heavily. X-rays showed that this kitten has a diaphramatic hernia. The doctor (Dr. Laris in Columbus, Ms 662 328-2821) called the Vet School and was given a price of between $1500.00 to $3000.00 for this surgery. She advised me to get her to The Mississippi State University Vet School as soon as possible. I called the school to find out if they have a payment plan. They said they would require 1/2 of the high end dollar amount up front but didn't say anything about the rest being put on a payment plan. This is breaking my heart, she doesn't feel good at all tonight and she is breathing heavy and meowing almost constantly. If anyone could possibly help me with this surgery, I would be so grateful. I am disabled myself and on a limited income but I will definitely try to help others when I can. Please call Dr. Laris at (662) 328-2821 or The Ms State University Vet School to verify this @ (662) 325-1351 (daytime hours 8A.M. to 5P.M.) or (662) 325-3432 -this is the number I called and spoke with someone in the Emergency Room- after hours (call any time). My kittens name is "Buzzy" (because I thought she was a male and I put that on her paperwork). Thank you, Janice B. janloveskittens@...