Can anyone help with Flea Preps/Ear Mite Preps for barn cats - IL

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20 9:42 PM
      I am caretaking 25 barn/farm cats on a rural small family farm.

      I have just completed annual innocualtions myself (except Rabies which will be costing me about $500 plus two farm visits of $45 each)and have done a worming twice. While checking everyone out I noticed a few have a few fleas. As the weather warms we will will soon have plenty of fleas, something we have not have here before. I think they either came in on a passing skunk or a visiting feral cat. (the 4 house cats and 4 dogs do not have a flea on them and never have so it is possible the roaming cats and wildlife or a rodent have brought them into the barn)

      I am looking for Revolution for cats 5 to 10 lbs and 10 to 20 lbs since it would cover mites fleas and a second worming. Most are 10lbs and over.I have a scale so I weigh every one here a couple times a year. Or I could use a bunch of the 55lb and over Advantage for dogs and break it down.

      I could also use some earmite treatment, something strong. Accarax?

      If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I am a little short of funds for a couple months due to a medical issue of my own, I am trying to overcome Sarcoid of the lungs and most of my organs.

      I am fine on food and litter.

      All animals here are fixed and range in age from 6 months to 20 yrs most being 3 to 6 yrs old. All the barn cats are unadoptable as -urinators, bitters, not fun/good pets or extremely unwanted (black or white)But they thrive here and do a great job mousing and running any rats into exhaustion and death.

      Thanks in advance for any consideration for assistance.

      Sue
      IL 61051