Lacey needs extended vet care

  • Gail
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2009
      I took my sweetheart doxie/cocker Lacey to the vet a few days ago, thinking she came down with a urinary trac infection. But, after exam, and x-ray, vet discovered a large stone in her bladder. I got terribly upset, now being on low/disability income, as I could not afford the surgery to remove it. The vet is thus trying another option. Putting her on S/D Canine Hill's canned dogfood, and keeping her on an antibiotic thru it all. I was only able to pay for half of the vet bill for that day, and now to try and keep her supplied with the needed canned dogfood AND the antibiotic is a huge challenge for me. Lacey is 12. I adopted her from a shelter when she was a tiny puppy. I was working back then and could afford such things as this then. On my present income any extra bill overwhelms me. She looks like a standard size dachshund, and is a very happy dog. If there is any help out there for Lacey's vet bills, PLEASE advise me. She is spose to be re x-ray'd in about 3 weeks, to see if the stone is dissolving or not. I do not want to put my dear companion down. She doesn't deserve that because of my hardship. I even tried calling the Hill's company, and they are only sending me ONE coupon, for $3.50 off on the canned dogfood needed for Lacey. And I am trying to sell off stuff of mine. She is more important to me than THINGS.