Every Nine Seconds

  • Meredith
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6 11:26 AM

      PLEASE PASS THIS INFO ON:

      In the USA annually, 6 to 8 million dogs and cats are placed in shelters, and 3 to 4 million of them are euthanized because they are unable to be placed in homes. "Every Nine Seconds" is an awareness campaign that began last year to promote pet rescue and adoptions. The awareness campaign is called "Every Nine Seconds" because in a typical year, as many as 405 lost animals are euthanized every hour, or one Every Nine Seconds. Because this is an important subject to all dog and cat lovers, I urge everyone to visit http://www.everynineseconds.org or www.novoiceunheard.org

      In conjunction with the campaign, there is a new book, "One At A Time: A Week in an American Animal Shelter" by Diane Leigh and Marilee Geyer, who live in Orange County, CA and work in animal shelters.  The book reveals the stark reality of life, hopelessness, and death in a typical American animal shelter.  Please visit http://www.everynineseconds.org and 'adopt', at no charge, a shelter in your area--they will receive a free copy of the book with your tribute inside.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Kelly
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24 7:37 PM
        I did this and it was so rewarding to honor my dogs that are living
        and to send a tribute to those that have passed on. The copies that
        I received in return are precious (and proudly displayed!).

        Kelly Syhre
        Port Orchard, WA

        --- In AnimalWishList@yahoogroups.com, Meredith