Update on Orphans left to die!

  • gnapier@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 9:24 AM
      PLEASE CROSSPOST!!!! UPDATE: 3/31/05 on orphans left to die: Toby, the first
      little puppy taken 1 week ago this Tuesday, has made a full recovery! He is now
      at home. We're hoping his appetite gets back to normal soon so he can get big and
      strong. The 2nd puppy, the little runt of the litter, is struggling. She was taken
      in Sat afternoon (26) and is sticking with it. She was much smaller than the other
      3, so we're praying she comes out of it soon. Puppy 3, taken Monday morning, is
      also hanging in there, with no improvements yet, but we're optimistic. But Puppy
      4, she is a champ. She was taken in Monday evening and may get to come home today!!
      WOO HOO! Please keep these babies in your prayers. We're fundraising like mad,
      but we need your help. If you can't contribute financially, please pass around.
      Or, if you are crafty and could make something for us, we're going to have a silent
      auction. I will pay postage if needed. These little babies would have been dead
      had they been at the shelter. Because of their loving foster, they have a third
      chance (birth, abandonment, post-parvo) at life!

      When it rains, it pours. Orphans, left to die, now
      sick with parvo... imagine that. Imagine if you were 4 weeks old, and your
      mommy suddenly disappeared because a farmer shot her, how would you fend
      for yourself. Well, lucky for these little cattle dog x babies, they made
      it to the shelter via a good samaritan, but now, they need your help.
      Three of the four puppies are now at the vet for parvo treatment, with
      certain danger looming for the fourth little girl. It is going to cost at
      least $400 per puppy (yeah, at least $1200 now, most likely more), and the
      humane society cannot pay that. Had these puppies been left there, they
      would have either died or have been euthanized, as they cannot keep sick
      animals in the shelter. Please help us give them a third chance at life.
      Your donation is tax deductible, and can be paid directly to the vet via
      credit or debit card at 859 734 2245. Additionally, you can use paypal, under my
      account k9_helper1979@... and I will get the money to the vet's office. I'm
      desperate! I have
      already exhausted imom for the shelter this year on another dog, so if
      anyone has any other ideas for fundraising, pelase let me know. Keep your
      fingers and paws crossed that their lives are spared such that they have
      another chance to live with a family. Thank you in advance. Please let me
      know if you're able to help so I know how much more is needed to cover the
      bills at gnapier@...

      Mercer KY shelter is also full. If you can help, please visit www.petfinder.org/shelters/KY132.html

      God Bless,

      Owner/Moderator of KYRescueTransportandAwareness
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KYRescueTransportandAwareness/
      Outreach Coordinator, Mercer County Humane Society
      www.petfinder.org/shelters/KY132.html
      Adoption and Outreach Coordinator, Northern Dog and Hopewell Rescue
      www.petfinder.org/shelters/KY143.html