Animals and Foreclosure

  • MJ Rogers
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2009
      Hi Everyone;

      I am sure you all have gotten mail on the animal and foreclosure problem that have arise during these very hard times.

      I have been thinking about starting something for animals left behind after foreclosure. I have developed some ideas on it and want to throw it out to you all for your thoughts and ideas.

      First of all I have come up with the name of S.A.A.F. (Saving Animals After Foreclosure) I have also made a preliminary outline of the mission, to make it brief this program is to make sure that any foreclosed property is checked within 24 hours of the eviction date, and removed within a reasonable time, or have food and water provided to the animal till it can be removed properly. Any animal(s
      ) found must be reported to the local authorities for follow-up.

      I have developed a cover letter to send to all banks and realtors. I did talk with Bank of America today along with Wachovia and they weren't excited but were good enough to listen to me. Both banks have referred me to a higher person (typical). Also I want to contact all states for their Senators/Representatives to see if they will support a bill for this program.

      I need your help to get this off the ground and to make it work, this had to be nation wide. Anyone that wants to help please contact me as soon as possible. I would love to have this really rolling in a short time.

      There are so many animals in need, I just read the other day 3 big animal shelters are closing in MA. who would ever think that the
      null would have to close shelters!!!!!! It can happen to any group/organization and that means more animals will be forgotten.

      Please be willing to help, not just me but most important the animals.

      Thank You,

      MJ

      Dogs come when you call them, cats take a message and get back to you!