Fw: [UR_KY] Any Help for Ice Storm Counties - NW TN

  • Jim or Bev McChesney
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2009

      Jim or Bev McChesney
      Lexington, KY

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 11:37 AM
      Subject: [UR_KY] Any Help for Ice Storm Counties - NW TN

      Dear Animal Rescues etc.

       I am writing from the Storm area in Northwest Tennessee. Obion and Lake County are Devestated by the storm. We have NO POWER.  We have been waking up in the cold house in the dark in the 20's. ( No heat).

       I learned last night we will be WITHOUT power in much of the county another  8-10 days! Animals have Died and so have humans. ( CO posiening etc). I have given out what animal supplies I had to anyone that I could reach. We have been staying at our fire dept and going out in the field every day.
      Average of  8,000 people W/Out POWER.
       Due to this being only 2 counties we are NOT ABLE to get Federal AID! I dont know what to do! Trees are down, electrical lines are down and  humans and animals are freezing and some to death! ( not a joke)
       We are due for another severe storm coming in on Monday.   We also are doing welfare checks on people and finding ther pets with them. Many cannot get out!

       I have no DOG/ CAT and other food or supplies any longer to hand out.

        Due to being 2 counties we are NOT able to get any Major outside help.
       ( Red Cross, EARS , ETC )

       Please call me if you have any ideas or can donate to the victims.

       I do not have power and  will be onlly reachable by cell phone or  this number below can be left a message.

       We have had some media coverage on Channel 7 news out of Jackson TN

       Photos to follow

       Chandra Davis
      TN State EARS Coordinator
      United ANimal Nations