Orangutan Wishlist Update

  • Michelle Desilets
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2008
      Apologies,
      I realise that part of the Orangutan Medical Wishlist I sent yesterday is missing.
      Below is the missing part:

      Item

      Details

      Notes

      Analysis / tests

      API20E system by Biomerieux

      This is an excellent testing system for many infectious conditions

      Binax NOW Malaria Test,  Binax Inc.,

      This is a bench Malaria test.

      I would be interested in the possibility of trialling this. Could anyone contact the company etc for possible suppliers?

      Typhidot or TUBEX system

      These are different bench tests for Typhoid.

      I would be interested in the possibility of trialling this. Could anyone contact the company etc for possible suppliers?

      Tuberculosis bench tests. Generally using Gamma interferon etc. (Quantiferon etc)

      TB is a difficult problem to diagnose or exclude. We would like a back up system such as these. HOWEVER they usually need ELIZA plate analysis which isn’t available here so it would have to include this (expensive) equipment or be independent of this analysis.

      Michelle Desilets
      International Campaigns Director
      Borneo Orangutan Survival International
      www.savetheorangutan.org.uk