need help. puppy rescued after car hit

  • myfiesta39
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2008
      here we go. i just rescued a golden ret/hound mix male 12 week if that
      from a girl that called me last night before the rain set in. I picked
      him up and went straight to the vet, emergency. exrays indicated the
      femor was removed from the socket that couldn't be put back in place
      without surgery. this surgery is going to be between 600.00 and 700.00.
      i know this is alot. I have rescued 3 larger dogs and 5 cats, I am a
      wildlife rehabber and have also some keepers also. I will appreciate
      any help that can be offered. I don't want to see this pup not lead a
      normal active life because of a simple thing. Atleast nothing was
      cracked or broke. I will be looking for him a home also, I wanted to
      get him fixed up before that happens unless there is someone whom is
      willing to carry him out to go potty and take care of him. I have
      always found great homes for other dogs/pups that I have recued. I am
      hoping since my son works there I will get a discount, but Im sure it
      won't be alot. He's just a vet tech and not a surgeon yet. any help or
      advise or placement would be wonderful. this is my first request.
      Laurie, Sanford NC
    • myfiesta39
      Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 2008
        --- In AnimalWishList@yahoogroups.com, "myfiesta39" <myfiesta1@...>
        wrote:
        >ok, don't know the price quite yet, sure hope its alot less.
        his (bailey)hip ball joint is cracked and out of the socket, this is
        or may require screws and having his leg secured up till healing is
        finished.