Kitty Cage Needed

  • Tammy
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2006
      I started out fostering 4 newborn baby kittens 5 weeks ago. All
      have passed away except for one named Domino. After his brother
      passed away on Sunday, I had him feleuk/fiv tested and he is
      unfortunately fiv positive so we now know why the others didn't make
      it.

      Domino seems very healthy right now. He was introduced to Science
      Diet wet food this week and loves it. He has a healthy appetite and
      is starting to play. It's amazing to see this little guy go from
      being so dependent on me for everything to a little guy with a
      personality. He is so loving and just purrs nonstop.

      The Humane Society is trying to decide what to do with him because
      of his fiv status (I'm fostering Domino for them). I'm really
      hoping they don't decide to euthanize him. I would adopt him in a
      heartbeat, but I don't want my cat to contract this awful disease.
      That just would not be fair to him. Domino's only hope is to find a
      home and be the only cat there. I want to buy him some time so I'm
      looking for one of those tall kitty cages that has the shelves so he
      has room to grow. This would give him lots of room to grow without
      being cramped. I do take him out of the kennel he's in now and
      interact with him quite frequently, but I do work full time and feel
      this would be ideal for him.

      If anybody has one of these kitty cages that they no longer need,
      please consider donating it towards Domino's care.

      Thank's so much
      Tammy
      Quincy, IL
    • mma
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2006
        FIV is NOT an 'awful disease' but misconceptions of it have caused the unneeded deaths of many cats.     Please research it, if you email me I can send you a wonderful article on the myths connected with it.     I'm so sorry for the loss of the kittens, but their FIV+ status by itself was probably not the cause of their deaths.     Thanks.
      • Randy Romero
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2006
          please check out the link.  FIV is NOT a death sentence for any cat.

          Randy Romero

          There is an Indian legend which says: "When a human dies there is a bridge they must cross to enter into Heaven. At the head of that bridge waits every animal that human encountered during their lifetime. The animals, based on what they know of this person, decide which humans may cross the bridge...and which are turned away."