Introduction

  • Dawn Burton
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 9, 2006
      Hi, I am Dawn Burton 44, and I am a disabled, divorced single mom of 5
      sons, 1 stepson and 1 grandbaby son LOL. I have done pet rescues all
      my adult life and started an adoption rescue agency about a yr ago
      when I bought my house in Garland TX. Unfortunately Garland AC figured
      out I am a rescue and have ordered me to stop doing rescues out of my
      home. They have ordered me to only have my 4 dogs and only 5 of my
      room mate's 2 and my 6 personal cats... I have til the 17th to place 3
      of my own babies thanks to the jerks. Soooo to make a real long story
      short, I am trying to find a farm or large old house <nothing needs to
      be fancy, we can fix it up> on land outside of all cities without
      animal restriction ordiances within hour or so of DFW TX in any
      direction for long term lease or better yet lease purchase or sales
      agreement. I am incorporated and hope to have raised enough money by
      Dec 3rd to file my 501c <we are paying off a $2000 vet bill, so money
      is tight>. I am also in need of an enclosed trailer to transport my
      power wheelchair, cages, tables, and other adoption day supplies so my
      suv would only have to hold the critters I take to get adopted.
      Basically we pull animals who are down to their last hrs before being
      euthanized and then get them fully vetted and microchipped and then
      find them foster or forever homes. If you have contacts in my area or
      can help I would be soooo very greatful so I can get back to full
      operations asap. I am prayering to be moved by Jan 1st because our
      budget just does NOT allow for boarding costs. Our everyday needs are
      wire kennels, folding tables, items to sell at adoption events, items
      to sell on ebay, dog and cat food, front line plus, heartgard plus,
      kitty litter, red pet collars, nature miracle urine neutralizer and
      other cleaning supplies. Sincerely Dawn Burton Garland TX
      http://AdoptMeRescue.com
    • k9financial
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 19, 2008
        Hi,
        I'm here to introduce myself - I'm not new to animals, but, am new to
        the list. I have alot of background in rescue work and after running a
        rescue for years, and knowing first hand how hard it is. I was forced
        to stop my operations due to lack of funding after a family member
        became very ill. After persuing my career in finance, I have found some
        great ways to help rescues and animal lovers fund thier labor of love.
        Anyway, I'm here to help with any financial questions you might have,
        just contact me privately! If you want more information about what I
        can do to help your cause, please feel free to visit my site at:
        www.geocities.com/specialtyfinancial

        Regards :)

        Jess
      • Ruby
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 19, 2008
          Welcome to the list Jess....

          Ruby Garrett 903-432-3558
          Rescue Coordinator
          Reach Out Animal Rescue

          Please Help the Animals
          http://www.reach-out-animal-rescue.org/  Check out Lucky Larry!
          Check out our site on Petfinder.com
          http://west.petfinder.com/shelters/TX1071.html
          I'm here to introduce myself - I'm not new to animals, but, am new to
          the list. I have alot of background in rescue work and after running a
          rescue for years, and knowing first hand how hard it is. I was forced
          to stop my operations due to lack of funding after a family member
          became very ill. After persuing my career in finance, I have found some
          great ways to help rescues and animal lovers fund thier labor of love.
          Anyway, I'm here to help with any financial questions you might have,
          just contact me privately! If you want more information about what I
          can do to help your cause, please feel free to visit my site at:

          Regards :)

          Jess

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

        • Hellfire
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 24, 2008
            I LOVE ANIMALS!! Among other things *lol* But I thought I would take a
            look. My name is Hellfire (Anna) and I am 28 and live in the Seattle
            area. Anything else, just ask!

            ~Hellfire
          • Dawn Burke
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 9, 2008
              I've gotten a couple of e-mails that helped me realize I should do an
              introduction. I did fill out the database and the links.

              I've had rats since November 2007. Started officially rescuing a
              couple of months later. Had up to 11. Had to have one put to sleep
              couple weeks ago.

              I realize this summer that I wanted to make it official. I spent the
              summer studying "The Rat Health Care booklet" by Debbie Ducommun and
              researching rescues. Then I realized that what I wanted was a
              sanctuary, not a rescue. I don't want to adopt rats back out because
              their lives are too short. And by the time I get them they're
              traumatized enough without changing homes again.

              Our mission statement should be showing up on our website soon.
              Basically it's to get them healthy, trust train them, and keep them
              happy and healthy for the rest of their lives.

              Photos of cages, and playpens and rats can be found at the
              ratfanclub. I am registered, there under joesdarling1.

              I have registered the name The Rat Retreat with the Secretary of
              State, contacted the Central health District and checked with City
              Hall to see if I need a license.

              I have a bunch of paperwork to fill out, but it will have to wait
              till December. I'm disabled, going to school and running the rat
              retreat. Aargh! I've got a wonderful book called nonprofits for
              dummies, but that is as far as I've gotten. I've been trying to find
              a volunteer to help with the paperwork. I do occasionally get
              volunteers from BSU and craigslist. But I'm struggling to build a
              steady base of volunteers.

              I have been works two jobs and goes to school. We were doing okay
              financially supporting the rats until recently when we had to dip
              into credit. That's not going to change anything though except that
              we are asking for help. I do realize that getting my nonprofit status
              will aid in getting donations. I will be setting up a PayPal account
              this weekend. Thanks for your questions.
            • J
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 14, 2008
                My name is Judy I rescue Parrots in North East Ohio, I live In Warren,
                Ohio. Im a small rescue And im out there to help, at Currant i have 6
                Parrots 5 are rescues. I dont have backing or any help at all and im
                having problems getting cages or anything else. I just love Birds Wild
                or Exotic . Judy
              • Shining Light
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 10, 2010
                  Hi everyone. Just want to introduce myself. My name is Jeri, and I am a proud parent to 2 beautiful felines and their canine sister.

                  I am also a Reiki practitioner, and work primarily on animals.

                  If anyone would like information on energy healing or alternative treatments for animals' relaxation, or need (no cost for this group)distance healing for a sick baby, please let me
                  know.

                  I am available for no-cost local healing for sanctuaries, shelters and other non-profits who house animals.

                  Looking forward to meeting new friends!

                  Jeri Lynn Platt
                  http://animalhealinghands.webs.com/
                  http://myshininglight.com
                  twitter- jerilynn67 & artemischoice
                  facebook search- Jeri Lynn Platt & Artemis Choice
                • mattlabarre
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 29, 2011
                    Hi..I'm an animal advocate witrh 36 years experience in non-profit management ...now I assist rescues/shelters/breed organizations --as well as other charities / non-profits in raise funds via No Cost - primarily online & social network based fundraising projects. I would be thrilled to help anyone here--and can often help manage a project as a volunteer as well. I help organizations anywhere in the U.S.

                    In addition, I publish several blogs ( most useful to organizations in New England )--am a free-lance writer for a number of publications & online publications--and am always looking for feature / news story ideas.

                    If you would like some NO COST help with your fundraising--or would like to expand your public relations reach...maybe have a compelling story idea..please contact me.

                    Thanks...Matt LaBarre