got rescue dog a week ago, wasn't told she was pregnant-have 8 puppies-help!!!

  • The Shiloh Foundation
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      Hello everyone,

      I have a small German Shepherd dog rescue in Portland, Oregon.
      Normally, I only take pure bred GSD's, but a week ago, I reluctantly
      agreed to take a GSD mix from the Merced, California animal
      control. At the last minute, the shelter volunteer tacked on a
      second dog, a shepherd/collie mix. Well....the second dog looked
      very emaciated and had some mange on its muzzle and was full of
      fleas and tapeworms. I began treating her for the worms, fleas and
      mange and am still waiting on the immunization records from Merced
      animal control to take her to the vet. Yesterday she bagan acting
      strangely and I called the vet and he said she is probably going
      into labor! Yes, she certainly was and had 8 puppies overnight. No
      one from the Merced animal control gave me any inkling that this dog
      was pregnant because I would not have taken it knowing that! I have
      no idea what breed the puppies are, but they all have white feet and
      white-tipped tails.

      Since I had only agreed to rescue 2 dogs and got 10 instead, I am in
      big trouble, now having a total of 15 dogs to care for until I find
      homes for them. This is unreal. I am very upset and called the
      Merced animal control who basically said, What do you want us to
      do? The volunteer who sent me this dog refuses to answer my e-mails
      or phone calls.

      Anyone who can make any contribution to the care and vet costs of
      the puppies, the paypal address is helpinghanna@.... The
      mother's name is Hanna. I will be posting photos of the puppies on
      my website soon at www.meetshiloh.com

      Thank you.