URGENT: Cargo vans and funds needed to transport 50 Canine Angels dogs from GA to CT, Sunday, August 6

  • Katie Walter
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2006

      From: Jim Willis
      Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:58 PM
      URGENT: Cargo vans and funds needed to transport 50 Canine Angels dogs from GA to CT, Sunday, August 6

      Cross-posting appreciated.  Please send to media contacts.

      Fifty "Canine Angels" dogs in Georgia have a place to go - but need help getting there
      Rescue groups GraceWorks and KAT 5 need vans to move them and contributions toward fuel costs

      CONTACT: Larry Roberts of KAT 5, lar@...  (@...); or call: 678-362-0219

      In a combined effort by GraceWorks Foundation and KAT 5, fifty of the dogs from the closed Canine Angels Rescue in Dewy Rose, Georgia, will be transported to a no-kill organization in Connecticut, on Sunday, Aug. 6 (with an additional transport now being planned). So far, we have sufficient drivers, but not the vehicles, and contributions for gas costs will be most appreciated.

      What we need are four, 12-passenger cargo vans with the seats removed. If anyone has such and could lend it to this all-volunteer effort, or has connections with a vehicle leasing company that might consider donating use of the vans, or at least giving us a substantial discount on rental fees, we would greatly appreciate the help.

      And, of course, with the price of fuel, contributions to the transportation costs are desperately needs. There are three ways in which you can donate, two of them will be tax-deductible and all of the pertinent information about that and this rescue and transport effort will be posted to:

      Volunteers, dog trainers, and animal behaviorists who wish to donate their time to the care and socialization of the remaining dogs, or to arrange for an adoption (information on the website as well as a catalog of adoptable dogs) should contact Cassandra Koster of KAT 5, 740-972-6754

      Thank you,
      Jim Willis