Foster Home Needed In KY or OH

  • Rebecca Gerrells
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2006
      I desperately need a foster home or a rescue. If its a
      foster home I'd prefer it to be in the Northern
      Kentucky or Southern Ohio area. Any rescue help is
      welcomed.

      I am a rep for Dogs Deserve Better, an
      anti-chaining/anti-penning rescue group. I have been
      contacted about a young female rottweiller, possibly
      purebred. She has been chained and is now running free
      on the "owners" land. The owner likes to kick her in
      the ribs and she doesn't get fed often. They thought
      she was pregnant, now they aren't so sure if she still
      is or if she had the pups. If she had the pups, she is
      not nursing them and they cannot be found. The owner
      has threatened to shoot the dog if she is not picked
      up soon.

      My problem is I have a 3wk old baby at home and since
      I already have fosters, my husband asked that no
      strange dogs come into our house. Plus we are at our
      county limit right now. I need to go get her today and
      I must have a place for her to go. I can probably have
      her boarded for a couple days, but I'd rather her be
      in a rescue or a home atmosphere.

      I've been told she's about a year old, maybe younger.
      Her tail is docked but she's a little small for a
      rottie, probably due to her eating habits. She gets
      along with other dogs and the cats at her current
      house. She loves the young 15yr old daughter of the
      owner. The daughter has named her Beauty.

      If anyone can foster or a rescue would like to help
      out, please email me at becca_cavalier@... or
      call me on my cell at 859-486-8364.

      Thank you,
      Rebecca Gerrells