Re: [AnimalWishList] Intro

  • Dogs on Holiday-UK
    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 2, 2004
      Hi Tami

      Great to have you with us.

      I've been busy setting up a database (which you can look at if you access the database in your Yahoo Group).  I've only just started doing it, and only time will tell how if it'll work out, but there are lists of things groups want.  Obviously it's not finished yet and will be an on-going process, but APAWS are looking for litter and I'm sure you're half a bag would help.  Their email address is apawspets@...

      Christine

      Message 2 of 27 , Oct 2, 2004

        Hello-

        My name is JoAnne and I live in coastal Alabama (USA) I've been active in animal rescue, fostering, transport and rehoming for several years.

         I am presently working on a large scale rescue & adoption effort along with several other rescues all along the east coast, to place as many hurricane refugees as we possibly can in foster homes and 501c3 rescues that are ready for adoption in several Florida shelters. The shelters are so crowded that they have no more room for incoming dogs and cats, so we have to move fast to save the adoptees.

        We could certainly use pet carriers for the smaller dogs and cats, blankets, leads, dog collars, dry & canned dog food and cat food as well as toys for boths dogs and cats. Please let me know if you can help!

        Thank you,

        ~JoAnne~
        Apollo & Mickey-QP's
        SunnyGal-Senegal
        Daphne-CAG
        Chief-U2
        Mooch, Karma and Jack- the pooches
        ... and every stray animal that happens to pass this way!
        "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."-Gandhi

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Shelli
        Message 3 of 27 , Oct 3, 2004
          Hello. I live in Southern Indiana (just a rock's toss from
          Louisville, KY) and I have recently joined Kentuckianna Feathered
          Friends which is a group that rescues birds. It is the only place I
          have found in my area that does this. We have several members that
          house these birds in their homes...some birds will be adopted out,
          some are there for thier "forever homes". If anyone would like any
          information, please email me at lovemebirds2003@.... We are
          also in need of "birdie" items if anyone has anything they need to get
          rid of (cash is nice too).

          Hugs & God Bless you,
          Shelli
        • kimberly pan
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 12, 2005
            Hi!
            I am Kimberly.

            Some back ground;
            I began a small bird rescue in Los Angeles in the
            Early 1990's and cared for lovebirds, grey tiels and other over-bred hand-fed
            that were marketed to 'impulse buyiers' and worked with them and
            spent time to find real homes. [There were not many pet bird
            rescues at the time]

            I also worked with the imports that used to be wild caught and imported through the USDA. Many cockatoos and amazons that were still around were pushed aside and
            forgotten when 'handfed's became popular.

            In 2000, I moved to S.E. China, where I operate a small rescue for
            injured and orphaned songbirds/seabirds/softbills but lately, much
            of my time(lately) I have devoted to the orphan herons (and
            injured)that end up in the live animal markets.

            I will have a site up soon with mov. releases, pics of residents, etc..
            It is kind of busy around here now because everyone is on vacation[Chinese New Year]for at least a week.

            \|/
            >') All the best to You
            ((\
            //L\

            Lov Kimberly & Birds
            Greenheron bird save
            of pacific asia
            Observation, Education,
            Research & Rehabilitation - in SE Asia
            kimberly4birds@...
            Birdsaveasia@ ProtectRWildlife.org
            greenheron@...

            Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
            http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm
          • perrie
            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 4, 2005
              Hi all, I'm new to the list. My name is perrie and am a wildlife
              rehabber, State licensed, 580-335-5460 from Hollister, Oklahoma. I
              also do wolf hybrid rescue. Hope to learn and to be of some help. Glad
              to be here..........perrie
            • Bonnie norris
              Message 6 of 27 , Aug 4, 2005
                Hey welcome Perrie, glad to have you.   Lavonna

              • jarodsmom4life@aim.com
                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 4, 2005
                  hello and welcome :)
                  AC

                  Hi all, I'm new to the list. My name is perrie and am a wildlife
                  rehabber, State licensed, 580-335-5460 from Hollister, Oklahoma. I
                  also do wolf hybrid rescue. Hope to learn and to be of some help. Glad
                  to be here..........perrie

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                • jrrenfro
                  Message 8 of 27 , Aug 4, 2005
                    Thanks, Glad to be here.
                    perrie and the crew   State licensed--Oklahoma    jrrenfro@...
                  • jrrenfro
                    Message 9 of 27 , Aug 4, 2005
                      Thankyou
                      perrie and the crew   State licensed--Oklahoma    jrrenfro@...
                    • Lana Hollenback
                      Message 10 of 27 , Aug 13, 2005
                        Hello. I am Lana Hollenback from Ft Myers FL. I am president and
                        co-founder of Pigs As Pets Association, Inc. but we don't limit our
                        rescuing to just pigs. Please visit our web page to learn more about
                        us at www.pigsaspets.org

                        I have 4 house potbellied pigs, 2 guinea pigs, 1 lovebird, 2
                        Australian diamond back doves, 1 dog and 2 hairless rats. All
                        rescues. And of course a wonderful hubby and I also am care taker of
                        my mom with Alzheimer disease.

                        Hope you don't mind me posting about some urgent needs.

                        Lana
                      • Frannie
                        Message 11 of 27 , Aug 18, 2005
                          Hi everyone,

                          I am a new member and my name is Frannie (AKA mspoddy) I am a
                          feral/stray caregiver and run Creature Comforts Feral/Stray Rescue. I
                          feed , water and TNR (Trap , neuter, return. Or find a homes for those
                          who are homeable) for my colonies. I have 4 rescue kitty's at home. I
                          am a member of many animal groups also and volunteer at the Dutchess
                          County SPCA. I also teach Cat care clesses there. And help other
                          caregivers with any problems they may be having.

                          You can read more at http://mspoddy.net about me and many other animal
                          related subjects.

                          Thank You for letting me join the group.
                          Purrs,
                          Frannie and the kits,
                          Boo, Baby, Binky and Mr. S'more's Esq.
                        • Coon Mom
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 1, 2006
                            Hi,
                            My name is Rhonda, and I'm a wildlife rehabber in Florida.  I am looking forward to being a member of this group.  I take in all animals, orphans and injured, but I mainly work with raccoons, skunks, foxes, opossums and squirrels.

                            Thanks for including me as a member.

                            Rhonda

                            "If you talk to the animals, they will talk to you and you will know each other.  If you do not talk to them, you will not know them, and what you do not know you will fear.  What one fears one destroys."  Chief Dan George

                            FREE Christmas Emoticons for your email!
                          • jrrenfro
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 2, 2006
                              Hi Rhonda glad you are here. Any update?................
                              perrie's critters rehab center   State licensed--Oklahoma    jrrenfro@...
                            • Coon Mom
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 2, 2006
                                Hi Perrie,
                                Nope nothing new.  I'm still waiting to hear if we've got a trucker that would be willing to bring the girls up to you.  I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 4, 2006
                                  My name is perrie and i an from the Lawton Oklahoma area and i'm a
                                  wildlife rehabber. I am always in need of esbalic formula, bedding,
                                  wormer,Building supplies and anything that you would be willing to
                                  part with. Anything would be very apprecated. Thankyou.
                                • Ande33@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jan 5, 2006
                                    Hi I am Ande.  I am one of the Directors for Papillon 911 Rescue and Adoption, Inc
                                    I wanted to say Hi.
                                    Ande
                                    WG/NY
                                  • cutefatbutt
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Apr 11, 2006
                                      You guys might have guessed I'm new around here and after reading some
                                      of your posts I feel really humble.
                                      It's amazing how many of you are doing such good work with so little!
                                      Ok, I can understand how some of you feel like rescuing so many
                                      animals because if I had the ability to do it, my place would probably
                                      look like a zoo.
                                      Well, time to put in a separate post explaining the reasons for
                                      joining this group.
                                    • Barbara
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Apr 11, 2006
                                        You can never be too humble here :)
                                        No request is too small and no gift too big, so long as it is all done
                                        to help animals.
                                        Barb :)   - group owner

                                        cutefatbutt <cutefatbutt@...> wrote:
                                        You guys might have guessed I'm new around here and after reading some
                                        of your posts I feel really humble.
                                        It's amazing how many of you are doing such good work with so little!
                                        Ok, I can understand how some of you feel like rescuing so many
                                        animals because if I had the ability to do it, my place would probably
                                        look like a zoo.
                                        Well, time to put in a separate post explaining the reasons for
                                        joining this group.

                                        Supporter of the following Yahoo Groups:

                                      • minkyrescue
                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 22, 2006
                                          Hello Everyone,

                                          I am Lisa I am new here I also run the only No-Kill Mink Rescue in the
                                          USA
                                          actually I have been told I run the only Mink Rescue anywhere. Mink are
                                          unusual type of pet and need to have someone that knows how to work
                                          with them to keep them in line. In my younger years I worked with a vet
                                          that took care of all the mink farms where I was living at the time. We
                                          have to go to the farms everyday to check the mink and with the vet and
                                          farmer's help I soon learned to handle and work with them. This also
                                          gave me the opportunity to get to know the right people in the right
                                          places to be able to order vaccines and stuff they need. It is nice to
                                          see that there is a list on line to help shelters in need with always
                                          needed items. Also to have the support of other shelter folks to talk
                                          to when you have questions about things. Mink main diet is raw meat and
                                          fish, plus then they get a dry food around the clock so if they want to
                                          snack they can. I many times get in female right after the breeding
                                          season that have run off when they are trying to move her from the
                                          males cage back to hers. So I usually have babies to raise every spring.
                                          I do not breed here so once mom is done nursing her litter she finally
                                          fines she can enjoy life here have fun play in the pond and not worry
                                          about having kits again. Also she never has to give up that beautiful
                                          coat of hers or her kits. Mink love water and would spend their day
                                          swimming. Nothing in the world is as cute as a socked mink only the
                                          room also get wet from top to bottom so lots of work goes into their
                                          care, also an adult farm mink are mean and they do not like other
                                          animals around. If no careful in working with an adult mink it can be
                                          dangerous to all around it so maybe that is why no one else wants to
                                          open a Mink Rescue. My husband and I no longer have small children or
                                          other pets in the home so the mink are happy here with use and we are
                                          happy to share our home with them. I do not know if it would be allowed
                                          for a
                                          Mink Rescue to later post a small Wish List there are a few items we
                                          need on a daily bases that I would like to post if that would be O.K.
                                        • Tracie
                                          Message 20 of 27 , May 24, 2006
                                            Thank you for the invitation to join!

                                            My name is Tracie and am the Founder and Director of Operations with
                                            Tender Loving Canine (TLC) Rescue - Specializing in the American
                                            Eskimo. My husband and I are just a two person show.

                                            We are in desperate need of foster homes at the moment. We have a
                                            total of 16 dogs and would like to get them into foster homes so we
                                            can offer help to other dogs. We are located in Grove City, OH
                                            which is 10 minutes south of Columbus.

                                            I am glad to be part of this group and hope to help other people out
                                            if need be. :)

                                            Tracie Cobb
                                            Founder/Directory of Operations
                                            TLC Rescue
                                            Specializing in the American Eskimo

                                            www.tlcrescue.com
                                          • Jennifer
                                            Message 21 of 27 , May 25, 2006
                                              Hi! My name is Jennifer Barbieri and I'm the Head State Coordinator for
                                              RabbitWise's Bunderground Rail Road. We are a rabbit transport group with
                                              currently 60 volunteers throughout the US. We are always looking for more
                                              volunteers. If you are interested in helping, please email me offline. My
                                              email is jennifer @... (remove the space) Thanks!!

                                              Jennifer.
                                            • Susan Harrison
                                              Message 22 of 27 , May 26, 2006
                                                Hi all,

                                                My name is Susan and i'm from N. CA. I am a pet guardian and mom to 6 kitties, all rescued,
                                                of course!

                                                I joined this group by invitation and am looking forward to networking and helping out
                                                whenever it's possible. I can do short range transports within the SF bay area too.

                                                Thanks and blessings to you all!
                                              • Tracie
                                                Message 23 of 27 , May 27, 2006

                                                  We are an American Eskimo rescue and we are in desperate need of foster homes.  We currently have none.  We have six dogs in our prison program and seven in our home.  We need to get some of these kids into foster homes.  If you are able to help, please go to our website (www.tlcrescue.com) and fill out one of our foster home applications.

                                                  Thanks!

                                                  Tracie L. Cobb

                                                  Founder/Director of Operations

                                                  Grove City, OH

                                                  Tender Loving Canine (TLC) Rescue

                                                  Specializing in the American Eskimo

                                                  Ohio Heart Bandits Chapter

                                                  tlcrescue@...

                                                  www.tlcrescue.com

                                                • Sandi Martz
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , May 30, 2006

                                                    Hello Everyone.  My name is Sandi and I have just joined your group.  First I will say thank you to the owners for allowing me in.  I am truly looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing some great animal information/items.

                                                    I don’t want to bore you too much, but I will tell you a little about me.  I am a 36 year old single mother of one.  My son, Travis, is 17 and will be 18 in June.  WOW – how the time flies.  Travis and I live in the beautiful state of Virginia.

                                                    I am a Cadet Development Officer at Massanutten Military Academy and I LOVE MY JOB.  I also do private animal rescue.  I love all animals and rescue any that need me, I foster them until I can find them forever homes…

                                                    The pets I have myself are a dog, Casey.  A cat, Gizmo.  Two turtles, Potter and Snape.  I am also getting a pregnant cat tomorrow...not sure of her name yet.  The current owners call her "cat" but I might have to change that.  I do plan on keeping her after she has her kittens - don't want her to have too much trauma...  I don’t want to get too many because I need the room for the fosters.  Believe me – it’s hard…I want to keep them all.

                                                    Okay – well I have rambled on long enough.  Again – I look forward to “meeting” you all and having some fun in the group.

                                                    Sandi

                                                  • Kathy Ivie
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Apr 19, 2007
                                                      Hi,

                                                      My name is Kathy Ivie. I am a volunteer and fundraising coordinator with a rescue group in Randleman, NC, The Animal Awareness Society.
                                                      We currently have in rescue approx. 140 cats/kittens and approx. 40 dogs.

                                                      Our wish list:

                                                      Volunteers
                                                      Cat and dog treats
                                                      Cat and dog toys
                                                      Cat and dog collars
                                                      Pet beds
                                                      Pet carriers

                                                      Thanks for starting a group like this to help the animals! That what it is all about.

                                                      Kathy

                                                      Looking for something?? Use www.goodsearch for your search engine and help our non-profit organization, The Animal Awareness Society of Randleman, NC. Our "furry friends" will sure appreciate it! Check out our site: www.catawareness.org. to see what we are all about. Hope your day is filled with sunshine, Kathy

                                                      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.