Cat Carriers Needed

  • leanna5oh
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2006
      Does anyone know of somewhere I can get 2 medium-sized cat carriers
      relatively cheaply, either on-line, through a group or in the St.
      Louis area? I am a police officer and was shot in the head, so
      currently I am off on disability leave and make extremely minimal
      pay. I have rescues in my apartment, but I am on the second floor in
      the building. We have been getting VERY bad storms lately, as is
      typical here this time of year, but I am unable to take the cats in
      the basement because there is a large hole they could get out of and
      get outside and then they would be lost. I cannot afford to buy the
      ones through the pet stores as they get rather pricey. Any help or
      suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

      Patti
    • stp43@iwon.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2006

        Patti, There is an internet program called free cycle. Look it up on Yahoo. Ive aquired several items for animals there. Like the name implies, everything is free and you can ask for particular items of need / interest.

        I hope you have a full recovery and get back on your feet soon ! Nancie ( NY )

        Does anyone know of somewhere I can get 2 medium-sized cat carriers
        relatively cheaply, either on-line, through a group or in the St.
        Louis area? I am a police officer and was shot in the head, so
        currently I am off on disability leave and make extremely minimal
        pay. I have rescues in my apartment, but I am on the second floor in
        the building. We have been getting VERY bad storms lately, as is
        typical here this time of year, but I am unable to take the cats in
        the basement because there is a large hole they could get out of and
        get outside and then they would be lost. I cannot afford to buy the
        ones through the pet stores as they get rather pricey. Any help or
        suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

        Patti

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Danielle Keene
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10, 2006

          Freecycle is AWESOME!  I got a plastic toddler pool for my pitties from there.  I also picked up some blankets from a lady and she happened to have dog food she hadn't yet posted.  I went for 3 blankets and come home with about 50 pounds of dog food.

          ~Danielle (NeLLie)

          "People don't realize what an amazing dog a pit bull is. In World War One it was one of America's most decorated and beloved dogs. They're very loyal and affectionate. Stella is the gentlest dog, all she wants to do is cuddle."
          --Bernadette Peters, singer/actress/pit bull owner

          "Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness."
          -- Linda Wilson-Fuoco, journalist

        • paula greene
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 10, 2006
            FREECycle has worked well for me too, I got a bunch of food, big tub of litter, cat toys and a really great cat condo! Pretty much outfitted my inside cat and food for my strays that I feed, I think in all I had 8 bags of food from different people, plus canned. Now I get coupons on ebay for the cat food I want to buy. For 1.50 I can get a lot of coupons and it really helps with buying the food for strays, 5 new kittens and a mom cat that wants to eat, eat, eat, eat, eat! Will be glad when the kittens on weaned and everyone is eating normal amounts of food!
            You do have to post something once or twice, so I got rid of a couple of fixup TVs, and VCRs and a small animal cage with a base that I knew I would never use. Great trade off!
            Freecycle is AWESOME!  I got a plastic toddler pool for my pitties from there.  I also picked up some blankets from a lady and she happened to have dog food she hadn't yet posted.  I went for 3 blankets and come home with about 50 pounds of dog food.

            ~Danielle (NeLLie)

            "People don't realize what an amazing dog a pit bull is. In World War One it was one of America's most decorated and beloved dogs. They're very loyal and affectionate. Stella is the gentlest dog, all she wants to do is cuddle."
            --Bernadette Peters, singer/actress/pit bull owner

            "Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness."
            -- Linda Wilson-Fuoco, journalist

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.