O/T: Disaster can strike anytime, anyplace..Be prepared!

  • JoAnne Reints
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 11:48 AM
      Disaster can strike anytime, anyplace.. Be prepared!!
       Please Crosspost!

      Are you prepared if a disaster should strike your community? Does
      your community have a plan in place for all of the animals in your
      area? Do you know who the head of your Emergency Management Team is?
      These are questions everyone should have answers to.

      No matter where you live things can happen.
      .  Earthquakes
      .  Extreme Heat
      .  Fires
      .  Floods
      .  Hazardous Materials
      .  Hurricanes
      .  Landslides
      .  Multi-Hazard
      .  Nuclear
      .  Terrorism
      .  Thunderstorms
      .  Tornadoes
      .  Tsunamis
      .  Volcanoes
      .  Wildfires
      .  Winter Storms

      Just to name a few. Most people go about the day not thinking that
      something like this can happen, but after this last year we all know
      we are wrong. Katrina was a wake up call and we all need to be
      prepared and that is where NDARS comes in.

      National Disaster Animal Relief & Supply (NDARS) is a group of
      rescue volunteers providing Foster Care, Supplies (crates, food,
      medical items),Transportation and other items needed for Major
      Disasters, such as Katrina was. There will be a coordinator for
      every state involved, as well as a central database to volunteer
      goods or services.

      Please join the effort, it is going to take all of us to make a
      difference. Come join us at NDARS
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDARS/join

      JoAnne Reints
      Vice-President, National Disaster Animal Relief & Supply

      The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Gandhi (1869-1948)
      "I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man" M. Gandhi (1869-1948)