Re: WANTED: would like to Intruduce mmy self

  • wildflower_527
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
      I am located in St. Joe. Mo., Monique. This winter hasn't been too
      bad so far. Hopefully it will stay that way. I worry about my ferals
      outside. I hope that you are able to recieve some help with
      everything from this group. I did. This is a great little family.
      Karen

      --- In AnimalWishList@yahoogroups.com, Monique Timmons
      <motherhen1@s...> wrote:

      > HI,
      > Thank you it gets hariry around here, we are in cattle country ,
      as they say a good dog is a dead dog, so we have to be careful with
      our dogs or they will get shot around here, it is just my husband and
      I still at this time, were are you located at? we took in some
      Katrina and Rita dogs , what a mess that was , I am still looking
      things over on the site just got it today, and just finally able to
      sit down we took in some super cute Shar=pai mix puppies 4 of them
      what a hand full, and we have the others to take care of so now it is
      me time to a point lol have a kitten that I helped her mama raise but
      will not leave me alone for a minute, she is bugging me now, she is a
      super small kitten her and her litter mates and mama were very sick
      when we found her , the mama was a feral cat but would not believe
      it now if you see her, she still has her moments , and the dogs know
      to keep of paw range lol , boy money can be very tight and with no
      vets that will really work with you , we spend
      > a fortune on vet bills and dog food around I figured out we spent
      over 5,000 on vet and we get 200 ilbs of dog food a week , and 90%
      came out of our pocket, but it all comes out in the end I quess, well
      I guess I better shut up for now lol
      > Monique
      >

      > ---------------------------------

    • Monique Timmons
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
        Thanks Monet,  i am in southern ,Oklahoma were are you, we do pit bull rescue and also all breeds, but pits are the largest drop off here, then we have to guard those mean dogs, to keep people from stealing tham lol.

        Monet Mazzola <roseanimalrescuer@...> wrote:
        Hi Monique welcome to the group

        Monique Timmons <motherhen1@...> wrote:
[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • jrrenfro
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
          Glad your doing what you are. I'm from Hollister Ok. and we do wolfdog rescue............
          perrie's critters rehab center   State licensed--Oklahoma    jrrenfro@...
        • BluefoXx
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
            I my roomate has 3 cats and has asked me to find a home or shelter for them to go to. We have HUGE disapline problems with these cats, mosty because I own a dog.
            Also, I am allergic to the cats. I have called every no-kill shelter in my area and the surrounding area....they all have a 6 month waiting list. I cannot under any circumstances keep these cats any longer. But i dont want them put down...
            Can anyone help?

            Yahoo! Shopping
          • ginni white
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
              hi -

              this would be a huge help to me - i don't know about anyone else.  but where are you.  a lot of help might be available but much of it is geographic.

              thanks,
              ginni

              Open your heart and let a greyhound in ... they're running for their lives!

            • Monique Timmons
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
                my sister lived in st. Joe but now lives in orgeon ,mo she is not into animals like we are she has her own personal dogs that but all she has, she is into gardening and stuff , we are in the upper 70's today but the wind is high we have wind warnings today fire is bad around here right know.
                Monique

              • tatorbunz@aol.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
                  You didn't indicate of your location. Might help so these kitties can go to the appropriate rescue in the area.

                  In a message dated 1/1/2006 9:30:01 AM Pacific Standard Time, bluefox_68@... writes:
                  I my roomate has 3 cats and has asked me to find a home or shelter for them to go to. We have HUGE disapline problems with these cats, mosty because I own a dog.
                  Also, I am allergic to the cats. I have called every no-kill shelter in my area and the surrounding area....they all have a 6 month waiting list. I cannot under any circumstances keep these cats any longer. But i dont want them put down...
                  Can anyone help?

                  Terrie Mohr
                  TAZZY'S ANIMAL TRANSPORTS
                  SIAMESE & COLLIE RESCUE
                  Owner/Driver
                  Check sites for available Siameses for adoption!

                  http://www.tazzys-siameses-collies.petfinder.org/

                  Click Here to Join WASHINGTON SIAMESE RESCUE Yahoo Group!

                  http://hometown.aol.com/tatorbunz/index.html

                  http://hometown.aol.com/tatorbunz/myhomepage/petmemorial.html

                  Petfinder.com
                  Adopt a Homeless Pet!

                  http://www.petfinder.com/

                  http://www.felineleukemia.org/

                  http://www.petloss.com/

                  TAZZY'S ANIMAL TRANSPORTS
                  https://www.paypal.com/

                  http://www.frappr.com/wasiameserescue
                • Monet Mazzola
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 1, 2006
                    Hi, I'm in South Jersey. I used to volunteer at a shelter and we had a lot of pits or pit mixes then I left because there were some things going on the owner was a jerk and I guess they didn't like me there because I really didn't feel welcomed (now the spca of nj sued the previous owner and they now have custody of the shelter. Well, now I volunteer for a non-profit cat rescue i do a little bit of everything. Wow I can't believe people that are in your area we do that...thats so mean....well they're lucky to have someone like you taking care of them.
                    Mone't
                    Monique Timmons <motherhen1@...> wrote:
                    Thanks Monet,  i am in southern ,Oklahoma were are you, we do pit bull rescue and also all breeds, but pits are the largest drop off here, then we have to guard those mean dogs, to keep people from stealing tham lol.

                  • KIM ALLEN