Re: [AnimalWishList] Intro

  • Bonnie norris
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 4 1:23 PM
      Hey welcome Perrie, glad to have you.   Lavonna

      perrie <jrrenfro@...> wrote:
      Hi all, I'm new to the list. My name is perrie and am a wildlife
      rehabber, State licensed, 580-335-5460 from Hollister, Oklahoma. I
      also do wolf hybrid rescue. Hope to learn and to be of some help. Glad
      to be here..........perrie

    • jarodsmom4life@aim.com
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 4 4:18 PM
        hello and welcome :)
        AC

        Hi all, I'm new to the list. My name is perrie and am a wildlife
        rehabber, State licensed, 580-335-5460 from Hollister, Oklahoma. I
        also do wolf hybrid rescue. Hope to learn and to be of some help. Glad
        to be here..........perrie

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • jrrenfro
        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 4 6:53 PM
          Thanks, Glad to be here.
          perrie and the crew   State licensed--Oklahoma    jrrenfro@...
        • jrrenfro
          Message 4 of 27 , Aug 4 6:59 PM
            Thankyou
            perrie and the crew   State licensed--Oklahoma    jrrenfro@...
          • Lana Hollenback
            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 13 4:50 PM
              Hello. I am Lana Hollenback from Ft Myers FL. I am president and
              co-founder of Pigs As Pets Association, Inc. but we don't limit our
              rescuing to just pigs. Please visit our web page to learn more about
              us at www.pigsaspets.org

              I have 4 house potbellied pigs, 2 guinea pigs, 1 lovebird, 2
              Australian diamond back doves, 1 dog and 2 hairless rats. All
              rescues. And of course a wonderful hubby and I also am care taker of
              my mom with Alzheimer disease.

              Hope you don't mind me posting about some urgent needs.

              Lana
            • Frannie
              Message 6 of 27 , Aug 18 8:30 AM
                Hi everyone,

                I am a new member and my name is Frannie (AKA mspoddy) I am a
                feral/stray caregiver and run Creature Comforts Feral/Stray Rescue. I
                feed , water and TNR (Trap , neuter, return. Or find a homes for those
                who are homeable) for my colonies. I have 4 rescue kitty's at home. I
                am a member of many animal groups also and volunteer at the Dutchess
                County SPCA. I also teach Cat care clesses there. And help other
                caregivers with any problems they may be having.

                You can read more at http://mspoddy.net about me and many other animal
                related subjects.

                Thank You for letting me join the group.
                Purrs,
                Frannie and the kits,
                Boo, Baby, Binky and Mr. S'more's Esq.
              • Coon Mom
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 1, 2006
                  Hi,
                  My name is Rhonda, and I'm a wildlife rehabber in Florida.  I am looking forward to being a member of this group.  I take in all animals, orphans and injured, but I mainly work with raccoons, skunks, foxes, opossums and squirrels.

                  Thanks for including me as a member.

                  Rhonda

                  "If you talk to the animals, they will talk to you and you will know each other.  If you do not talk to them, you will not know them, and what you do not know you will fear.  What one fears one destroys."  Chief Dan George

                  FREE Christmas Emoticons for your email!
                • jrrenfro
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 2, 2006
                    Hi Rhonda glad you are here. Any update?................
                    perrie's critters rehab center   State licensed--Oklahoma    jrrenfro@...
                  • Coon Mom
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 2, 2006
                      Hi Perrie,
                      Nope nothing new.  I'm still waiting to hear if we've got a trucker that would be willing to bring the girls up to you.  I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 4, 2006
                        My name is perrie and i an from the Lawton Oklahoma area and i'm a
                        wildlife rehabber. I am always in need of esbalic formula, bedding,
                        wormer,Building supplies and anything that you would be willing to
                        part with. Anything would be very apprecated. Thankyou.
                      • Ande33@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 5, 2006
                          Hi I am Ande.  I am one of the Directors for Papillon 911 Rescue and Adoption, Inc
                          I wanted to say Hi.
                          Ande
                          WG/NY
                        • cutefatbutt
                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 11, 2006
                            You guys might have guessed I'm new around here and after reading some
                            of your posts I feel really humble.
                            It's amazing how many of you are doing such good work with so little!
                            Ok, I can understand how some of you feel like rescuing so many
                            animals because if I had the ability to do it, my place would probably
                            look like a zoo.
                            Well, time to put in a separate post explaining the reasons for
                            joining this group.
                          • Barbara
                            Message 13 of 27 , Apr 11, 2006
                              You can never be too humble here :)
                              No request is too small and no gift too big, so long as it is all done
                              to help animals.
                              Barb :)   - group owner

                              cutefatbutt <cutefatbutt@...> wrote:
                              You guys might have guessed I'm new around here and after reading some
                              of your posts I feel really humble.
                              It's amazing how many of you are doing such good work with so little!
                              Ok, I can understand how some of you feel like rescuing so many
                              animals because if I had the ability to do it, my place would probably
                              look like a zoo.
                              Well, time to put in a separate post explaining the reasons for
                              joining this group.

                              Supporter of the following Yahoo Groups:

                            • minkyrescue
                              Message 14 of 27 , May 22, 2006
                                Hello Everyone,

                                I am Lisa I am new here I also run the only No-Kill Mink Rescue in the
                                USA
                                actually I have been told I run the only Mink Rescue anywhere. Mink are
                                unusual type of pet and need to have someone that knows how to work
                                with them to keep them in line. In my younger years I worked with a vet
                                that took care of all the mink farms where I was living at the time. We
                                have to go to the farms everyday to check the mink and with the vet and
                                farmer's help I soon learned to handle and work with them. This also
                                gave me the opportunity to get to know the right people in the right
                                places to be able to order vaccines and stuff they need. It is nice to
                                see that there is a list on line to help shelters in need with always
                                needed items. Also to have the support of other shelter folks to talk
                                to when you have questions about things. Mink main diet is raw meat and
                                fish, plus then they get a dry food around the clock so if they want to
                                snack they can. I many times get in female right after the breeding
                                season that have run off when they are trying to move her from the
                                males cage back to hers. So I usually have babies to raise every spring.
                                I do not breed here so once mom is done nursing her litter she finally
                                fines she can enjoy life here have fun play in the pond and not worry
                                about having kits again. Also she never has to give up that beautiful
                                coat of hers or her kits. Mink love water and would spend their day
                                swimming. Nothing in the world is as cute as a socked mink only the
                                room also get wet from top to bottom so lots of work goes into their
                                care, also an adult farm mink are mean and they do not like other
                                animals around. If no careful in working with an adult mink it can be
                                dangerous to all around it so maybe that is why no one else wants to
                                open a Mink Rescue. My husband and I no longer have small children or
                                other pets in the home so the mink are happy here with use and we are
                                happy to share our home with them. I do not know if it would be allowed
                                for a
                                Mink Rescue to later post a small Wish List there are a few items we
                                need on a daily bases that I would like to post if that would be O.K.
                              • Tracie
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 24, 2006
                                  Thank you for the invitation to join!

                                  My name is Tracie and am the Founder and Director of Operations with
                                  Tender Loving Canine (TLC) Rescue - Specializing in the American
                                  Eskimo. My husband and I are just a two person show.

                                  We are in desperate need of foster homes at the moment. We have a
                                  total of 16 dogs and would like to get them into foster homes so we
                                  can offer help to other dogs. We are located in Grove City, OH
                                  which is 10 minutes south of Columbus.

                                  I am glad to be part of this group and hope to help other people out
                                  if need be. :)

                                  Tracie Cobb
                                  Founder/Directory of Operations
                                  TLC Rescue
                                  Specializing in the American Eskimo

                                  www.tlcrescue.com
                                • Jennifer
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 25, 2006
                                    Hi! My name is Jennifer Barbieri and I'm the Head State Coordinator for
                                    RabbitWise's Bunderground Rail Road. We are a rabbit transport group with
                                    currently 60 volunteers throughout the US. We are always looking for more
                                    volunteers. If you are interested in helping, please email me offline. My
                                    email is jennifer @... (remove the space) Thanks!!

                                    Jennifer.
                                  • Susan Harrison
                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 26, 2006
                                      Hi all,

                                      My name is Susan and i'm from N. CA. I am a pet guardian and mom to 6 kitties, all rescued,
                                      of course!

                                      I joined this group by invitation and am looking forward to networking and helping out
                                      whenever it's possible. I can do short range transports within the SF bay area too.

                                      Thanks and blessings to you all!
                                    • Tracie
                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 27, 2006

                                        We are an American Eskimo rescue and we are in desperate need of foster homes.  We currently have none.  We have six dogs in our prison program and seven in our home.  We need to get some of these kids into foster homes.  If you are able to help, please go to our website (www.tlcrescue.com) and fill out one of our foster home applications.

                                        Thanks!

                                        Tracie L. Cobb

                                        Founder/Director of Operations

                                        Grove City, OH

                                        Tender Loving Canine (TLC) Rescue

                                        Specializing in the American Eskimo

                                        Ohio Heart Bandits Chapter

                                        tlcrescue@...

                                        www.tlcrescue.com

                                      • Sandi Martz
                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 30, 2006

                                          Hello Everyone.  My name is Sandi and I have just joined your group.  First I will say thank you to the owners for allowing me in.  I am truly looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing some great animal information/items.

                                          I don’t want to bore you too much, but I will tell you a little about me.  I am a 36 year old single mother of one.  My son, Travis, is 17 and will be 18 in June.  WOW – how the time flies.  Travis and I live in the beautiful state of Virginia.

                                          I am a Cadet Development Officer at Massanutten Military Academy and I LOVE MY JOB.  I also do private animal rescue.  I love all animals and rescue any that need me, I foster them until I can find them forever homes…

                                          The pets I have myself are a dog, Casey.  A cat, Gizmo.  Two turtles, Potter and Snape.  I am also getting a pregnant cat tomorrow...not sure of her name yet.  The current owners call her "cat" but I might have to change that.  I do plan on keeping her after she has her kittens - don't want her to have too much trauma...  I don’t want to get too many because I need the room for the fosters.  Believe me – it’s hard…I want to keep them all.

                                          Okay – well I have rambled on long enough.  Again – I look forward to “meeting” you all and having some fun in the group.

                                          Sandi

                                        • Kathy Ivie
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Apr 19, 2007
                                            Hi,

                                            My name is Kathy Ivie. I am a volunteer and fundraising coordinator with a rescue group in Randleman, NC, The Animal Awareness Society.
                                            We currently have in rescue approx. 140 cats/kittens and approx. 40 dogs.

                                            Our wish list:

                                            Volunteers
                                            Cat and dog treats
                                            Cat and dog toys
                                            Cat and dog collars
                                            Pet beds
                                            Pet carriers

                                            Thanks for starting a group like this to help the animals! That what it is all about.

                                            Kathy

                                            Looking for something?? Use www.goodsearch for your search engine and help our non-profit organization, The Animal Awareness Society of Randleman, NC. Our "furry friends" will sure appreciate it! Check out our site: www.catawareness.org. to see what we are all about. Hope your day is filled with sunshine, Kathy

                                            Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.