Re: [AnimalWishList] Personal Info.

  • Chris B
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2005
      Barbara,  just a side thought.. not to keep this issue going..... but even though you delete the page with the information, it is still cached and can be accessed with a search.  As an example, here is a listing for elephants:

      learn about the life cycle of the elephant, how its trunk works, the ivory trade, and elephant poaching.
      www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/elephants - 10k - Cached - More from this site

      Do you see Cached?  That is a page that was there when the site was spidered. Click on Cached and you will see the explanation at the top of the screen.  That is why it is such a serious thing to give out information that you really don't want just anyone to be able to find....it is there forever.

      One last thing I would like to say to anyone who thinks it was unkind to *poke into their business* by giving this warning.... if you see someone about to walk down a dark street and you know there are muggers there, even if the person is a stranger, wouldn't you warn them to take another route?

      Kindly,
      Chris

      On 6/7/05, Barbara <lady_enya_1@...> wrote:
      LaVonna, would you like for me to delete that post that contains your information?  It would be no problem.
      Barb :)

      LaVonna <lavonna1213@...> wrote:
      Ok, I think this whole thing that has hurt Blanca so much is probably
      my fault.  I have looked over the messages and I think I know now.  The
      messages about the personal info. were probably for me. I put my
      personal info. on a post to Blanca.  At the time I did this I thought I
      was sending it to her e mail, it was not till later, and too late, I
      saw it went to the group.  It was a stupid mistake on my part.  I
      appreciate the advice you people were giving me but at the same time,
      it was my business.  Now Blanca is hurt and I feel terrible. I am not
      nearly as worried about my security as you are.  I think apologies are
      in order to Blanca.  I will be the first and I will watch to see who
      speaks up.    Blanca please forgive me for making such a stupid mistake
      and making things hard for you.  I never intended to do anything wrong.
      It just seems to be the way things turn out for me.  Any way again I am
      terrible sorry and I ask your forgiveness.  I think you are a wonderful
      person and I dont like to see you hurt.  Your Friend, LaVonna

      Discover Yahoo!

      Yahoo! Groups Links