Re: [AnimalWishList] Donations from Blanca

  • Bonnie norris
    Message 1 of 26 , May 31 10:55 PM
      Hello Blanca, My name is LaVonna and I am a fairly new member of the group.  I posted one message and got no response.  I have a cat, her name is Ruthie.  I have had her for almost 15 years, and she is the best friend I have.  We are both old women who need each other. I Shudder to think that someday I will have to let her go, or vice versa.  I owe 2 veterinary bills that have became delinquent.  I live on a very modest income and I am a woman alone, except for Ruthie.  I need help paying my Veteranarian bills, and I am afraid if Ruthie should have a relapse I could not take her to the Vet. because of these bills.  I got behind on the bills because I myself have been in the hospital several times last winter.  If I could get some help I would so appreciate it.  And even if I dont get help I still think the group is a wonderful thing because it helps so many people and their pets.  I also feed 4 cats outdoors that were dumped. They live in boxes on my back porch.  Feeding this many can be costly, but somehow with the help of the Good Lord I manage to do it.  Ruthie is an indoor cat, I use to have 2 indoors, but last fall I had to have my Dorian cat put down because she had cancer.  I miss her so much.   You must be an Angel strait from Heaven because I have read and heard of the things you do to help people.  God Bless You and all the others in the group.     Love and Sincerely,   LaVonna Norris,  my address is   1915 Main Street, St. Joseph, Mo.  64505    my e mail is lavonna1213@...    My vets  are Countryside Vet. and All Creatures, both in St. JOseph.  I tell you this so if you wish you can verify my request.

      Blanca Friedman <cuteblanca2@...> wrote:
      Hi there.
      My name is Blanca and I wish to donate  money or gift
      certificates to people with animals in need, people
      with animals that need surgery, people that have
      animals that need food, supplies,shots, beds or
      anything!!!!

      Just tell me what your needs are, what kind of pet,
      how much you need and email your address. I understand
      your needs.

      Please when addressing to me on the SUBJECT LINE
      PLEASE writte ADDRESS.
      tell me your pet's name, your needs, why, and a little
      something about your pet that makes you happy that he
      is alive.

      I travel for business and have very little time on
      line. It is hard to read every posting even though I
      want to:(.

      Just a helping little angel
      Blanca

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Blanca Friedman
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hi LaVonna,
        God bless you and your baby! I would love to help you.
        I will send something this week to you.

        Thank you for being there
        Love
        Blanca, Princess, Baby Doll

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • mitsipig
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 1, 2005
          Blanca,
          I have watched many movies and heard many stories about angels with open arms but I have never had a conversation with one. My name is Ron and I am president of We Love Animals, Inc. and I am so happy to see an angel at work. You are indeed a Godsend for helping our distraught animals around the world. Thank you so much for inspiring  me with your compassion and caring.

          IN A CAGE ALL ALONE

          I was so scared

          In that cage all alone

          No one to talk to

          No place to call home

          They fed me garbage

          I slept in my own mess

          Each day I got weaker

          From diseases that infest

          Then one day from Heaven

          Angels were sent to me

          I was taken from this filth

          And put on an I.V.

          I was sent to an Angel

          And named Leo Lionhearted

          Cared for day and night

          My life was richly started

          The disease took me over

          And I died some time later

          I was loved till the end

          Listen for my whisper....

          Ronald C. Caldwell © 2004
          Author of "As Ink Flows Down"
          A Collection Of Poetry
          http://www.1stbooks.com/bookview/20276

          What are YOU eating today?
          Save an animals' life. Don't eat them.
          Please Visit My Sites
          http://www.SanctuaryShoppes.com/
          http://www.weloveanimalsinc.com
          http://home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-apigslife
          When we can look at animals with respect Only then will we understand.
> [...]

          > there.
          > My name is Blanca and I wish to donate  money or
          > gift
          > certificates to people with animals in need, people
          > with animals that need surgery, people that have
          > animals that need food, supplies,shots, beds or
          > anything!!!!
          >
          > Just tell me what your needs are, what kind of pet,
          > how much you need and email your address. I
          > understand
          > your needs.
          >
          > Please when addressing to me on the SUBJECT LINE
          > PLEASE writte ADDRESS.
          > tell me your pet's name, your needs, why, and a
          > little
          > something about your pet that makes you happy that
          > he
          > is alive.
          >
          > I travel for business and have very little time on
          > line. It is hard to read every posting even though I

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Bonnie norris
          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 1, 2005
            Hi Blanca,  and thank you for your response.  I do appreciate what you are doing and maybe someday I can do something for you.  You do have my address dont you?  Just in case ,      LaVonna Norris,   1915 Main Street, Saint Joseph,  Mo.  64505  ,   My baby is getting back on her feet from a spell with her lungs., that is why I need to pay the vet. bill, in case of a relapse.  But I pray for her every night  and  the Lord has worked wonders.  For her and for me , lol,  I also have lung problems and heart trouble.  So now you know why I have trouble paying everything.   Again Blanca, I thank you and you also are in my prayers.  God Bless You,   LaVonna (Bonnie) Norris.

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Chris B
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 2, 2005
              I'd like to remind everyone to be a little careful about giving personal information over a public system.  Remember these posts will be available through the search engines indefinitely and if you don't want anyone to know your personal information and perhaps steal your identity then it is not a good thing to send in your addresses and phone numbers.

              Blanca is offering to do a wonderful thing, but please let's be careful.  Afterall, anyone can be anything they want to be on the internet (hence all the child rapes and such.... kids thinking they are meeting kids).

              Regards,
              Chris

              On 6/2/05, lcub4er <lcub4er@...> wrote:
              So sorry, I failed to include our address.....

              Dana Burger
              925 N. Elder
              Wichita, KS.  67212
              (316)871-1889

              -- In AnimalWishList@yahoogroups.com, Blanca Friedman
              <cuteblanca2@y...> wrote:
              > Hi there.
              > My name is Blanca and I wish to donate  money or gift
              > certificates to people with animals in need, >
              > Please when addressing to me on the SUBJECT LINE
              > PLEASE writte ADDRESS.
              > tell me your pet's name, your needs, why, and a little
              > something about your pet that makes you happy that he
              > is alive.
              >
              > I travel for business and have very little time on
              > line. It is hard to read every posting even though I
              > want to:(.
              >
              > Just a helping little angel
              > Blanca

            • Barbara
              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 2, 2005
                All that is necessary is to provide an email address at the bottom of the message, where people who wish to help can email to receive "mailing" information.  AND perhaps mention the country or state you are in.
                Barb :)

                Chris B <ChrisfromPa@...> wrote:
                I'd like to remind everyone to be a little careful about giving personal information over a public system.  Remember these posts will be available through the search engines indefinitely and if you don't want anyone to know your personal information and perhaps steal your identity then it is not a good thing to send in your addresses and phone numbers.

                Blanca is offering to do a wonderful thing, but please let's be careful.  Afterall, anyone can be anything they want to be on the internet (hence all the child rapes and such.... kids thinking they are meeting kids).

                Regards,
                Chris

                Yahoo! Mail Mobile

              • Chris B
                Message 7 of 26 , Jun 3, 2005
                  Exactly.... but there were two posts that people gave out *everything* but their child's middle name. (grin)

                  There are sooo many hoaxes, scams, harvesters, etc., everyone needs to be careful about putting such info out for all to see.  It is shame when someone legitemate comes along, we still need to exercise safe internet practices.  Sort of like the airports now.  The vast majority of people aren't there to do any harm, but just that one person..... so we have the inconvenience of all the checks at the entrances that we all must bear.  The airport's safety practices are crucial to keep everyone alive and on their happy way.  My post was a general warning, people.... don't set yourselves up exposing private information that will be available to anyone with a simple search.

                  Regards,
                  Chris

                  On 6/3/05, Barbara <lady_enya_1@...> wrote:
                  All that is necessary is to provide an email address at the bottom of the message, where people who wish to help can email to receive "mailing" information.  AND perhaps mention the country or state you are in.
                  Barb :)

                • Eindy
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jun 4, 2005
                    Blanca, there are two dogs at the Clayton County shelter with
                    extremely high vet bills. One dog had to have the collar cut out of
                    his neck and the other is a sweet girl that should weigh 47 lbs
                    and instead tipped the scale at 120. The shelter is a no kill
                    shelter and receives no funding other than private donations. We
                    have several dogs that need some real training to make them
                    more adoptable that have been in the shelter forever.

                    ANY help in any amount would be greatly appreciated. Paypal is
                    on the web site
                    http://www.claytoncountyhumane.org or snail mail
                    Clayton County Humane Society
                    7810 N. McDonough St.
                    Jonesboro, Ga. 30236
                    770-471-9436

                    Thank you for anything-prayers are welcome too.

                    Eindy
                    Volunteer - CCHS

                    > Hi there.
                    > My name is Blanca and I wish to donate money or gift
                    > certificates to people with animals in need, people
                    > with animals that need surgery, people that have
                    > animals that need food, supplies,shots, beds or
                    > anything!!!!
                    >
                    > Just tell me what your needs are, what kind of pet,
                    > how much you need and email your address. I understand
                    > your needs.
                    >
                    > Please when addressing to me on the SUBJECT LINE
                    > PLEASE writte ADDRESS.
                    > tell me your pet's name, your needs, why, and a little
                    > something about your pet that makes you happy that he
                    > is alive.
                    >
                    > I travel for business and have very little time on
                    > line. It is hard to read every posting even though I
                    > want to:(.
                    >
                    > Just a helping little angel
                    > Blanca

                    around
                    > http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Lori A Campbell
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jun 4, 2005
                      I have reached the point where I can no longer feed my dogs quality dog
                      food that costs more. I have been feeding them ProPlan and using the $7
                      coupons, but it is still too much anymore. I was wondering if anyone can
                      recommend which low cost dog foods are the best. How about Diamond Dog
                      Food or Pedigree? I would appreciate any advice. It seems no stores or
                      companies are willing to donate dog food and have not been able to find
                      anything in this realm.

                      Thank you.

                      Lori
                    • Amy Killough
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jun 4, 2005
                        I feed my puppy Purina Puppy Chow.  This is just my opinion, but I think Purina is very good.  Low cost and she's never had a problem with it.  I've noticed before that feeding cheap dog foods like Ol' Roy has a tendency to go right through.  There's not a whole lot of nutritional value in it.  But Purina seems to be a lot better and doesn't cause as many bowel movements.
                        Anyways, just an opinion.

                        Lori A Campbell <lcampbel@...> wrote:

                        I have reached the point where I can no longer feed my dogs quality dog
                        food that costs more.  I have been feeding them ProPlan and using the $7
                        coupons, but it is still too much anymore.  I was wondering if anyone can
                        recommend which low cost dog foods are the best.  How about Diamond Dog
                        Food or Pedigree?  I would appreciate any advice.  It seems no stores or
                        companies are willing to donate dog food and have not been able to find
                        anything in this realm.

                        Thank you.

                        Lori

                        Amy

                        Discover Yahoo!

                      • Lynn Goyne
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jun 4, 2005
                          Lori  I used to feed pedigree all the time to my dobs in TX  but now use the Diamond food for my poodles -- the people I bought my 2 poos from recommended it  and the rescues I've taken in  love it too I do add a tsp of yogurt in am feedings as they love it and it's good for thiem help is digestion and immune system health and it's not that expensive here

                          Another one that has changed thier recipe to the better and gsds love and do good on is Gold -- made by Tuffy's  company and they give you cash back for sending them the weight circles like purina does --- if you send me your addy I have some from purina and Gold I'll glady send you so you can redeem them

                          hope this helps
                           Lynn and Poos

                          Message 12 of 26 , Jun 5, 2005
                            From: Lori A Campbell <lcampbel@...>

                            >How about Diamond Dog Food or Pedigree?

                            All of our fosters are on Pedigree. Two of our adopters won the free
                            year of Pedigree dog food when they adopted over Valentine's weekend and
                            in turn, the rescue won free food, it's been great. We had out the
                            Pedigree adoption kits too.
                          • DIANE JOHNSON
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jun 5, 2005
                              how can my rescue's  win free  food? we do  ahve a shelter  & a 501-c3

                              From: Lori A Campbell <lcampbel@...>

                              Message 14 of 26 , Jun 5, 2005
                                Well most of my dogs are seniors so the Puppy Chow wouldn't be good. I've
                                heard some bad things about Purina Dog Chow but it's hard to know who is
                                right. Someone told me Consumer Reports did a study in one of their
                                recent issues about dog food but I went to the library and couldn't find
                                it.

                                Lori

                                On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Amy Killough wrote:

                                > I feed my puppy Purina Puppy Chow. This is just my opinion, but I think Purina is very good. Low cost and she's never had a problem with it. I've noticed before that feeding cheap dog foods like Ol' Roy has a tendency to go right through. There's not a whole lot of nutritional value in it. But Purina seems to be a lot better and doesn't cause as many bowel movements.
                                > Anyways, just an opinion.
                                >
                                > Lori A Campbell <lcampbel@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > I have reached the point where I can no longer feed my dogs quality dog
                                > food that costs more. I have been feeding them ProPlan and using the $7
                                > coupons, but it is still too much anymore. I was wondering if anyone can
                                > recommend which low cost dog foods are the best. How about Diamond Dog
                                > Food or Pedigree? I would appreciate any advice. It seems no stores or
                                > companies are willing to donate dog food and have not been able to find
                                > anything in this realm.
                                >
                                > Thank you.
                                >
                                > Lori

                                > Amy
                                >

                                > ---------------------------------
                                > Discover Yahoo!
                                > Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news & more. Check it out!
                              • Mel :-)
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jun 5, 2005
                                  The advice I was given was to be sure that the first thing on the ingrediants list is a meat, like chicken for example, not some type of corn.  Corn is the filler and if it's first, you can be it's going to go through them pretty fast.  Our puppy wasn't around long enough for me to see if this was correct, but it's what we were told, and it might help you find the best food for the amount of money you're able to spend. -Mel

                                  Well most of my dogs are seniors so the Puppy Chow wouldn't be good.  I've
                                  heard some bad things about Purina Dog Chow but it's hard to know who is
                                  right.  Someone told me Consumer Reports did a study in one of their
                                  recent issues about dog food but I went to the library and couldn't find
                                  it.

                                  Lori

                                  On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Amy Killough wrote:

                                  > I feed my puppy Purina Puppy Chow.  This is just my opinion, but I think Purina is very good.  Low cost and she's never had a problem with it.  I've noticed before that feeding cheap dog foods like Ol' Roy has a tendency to go right through.  There's not a whole lot of nutritional value in it.  But Purina seems to be a lot better and doesn't cause as many bowel movements.
                                  > Anyways, just an opinion.
                                  >
                                  > Lori A Campbell <lcampbel@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > I have reached the point where I can no longer feed my dogs quality dog
                                  > food that costs more.  I have been feeding them ProPlan and using the $7
                                  > coupons, but it is still too much anymore.  I was wondering if anyone can
                                  > recommend which low cost dog foods are the best.  How about Diamond Dog
                                  > Food or Pedigree?  I would appreciate any advice.  It seems no stores or
                                  > companies are willing to donate dog food and have not been able to find
                                  > anything in this realm.
                                  >
                                  > Thank you.
                                  >
                                  > Lori

                                  > Amy
                                  >

                                  > ---------------------------------
                                  > Discover Yahoo!
                                  >  Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news & more. Check it out!

                                • Kellyann Dunlap
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jun 5, 2005
                                    I'll second what Mel says....I've been given the same advice and know that it definitely does make a difference.  :)
                                    Kellyann

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jun 5, 2005
                                      The first thing listed on Diamond Dog Food is "chicken by-product meal".
                                      So maybe none of this low cost dog food is any good?

                                      Lori

                                      On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Mel :-) wrote:

                                      [NON-Text Body part not included]
                                    • Blanca Friedman
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jun 6, 2005
                                        So Sad!!!
                                        I have been out of town and to find this sad postings,
                                        I have have donated over 1,500.00 to people that have
                                        animals either in need of shots, surgery or food in
                                        the last six months. I don't have much but the little
                                        that I have I give to others that needed it more than
                                        I do.

                                        It is to bad! I will finish and send the donations
                                        that I promissed last week and I will probably delete
                                        my e mail address.

                                        It hurts when mean people try to hurt nice people that
                                        only want to do good in this world.

                                        I guess I will have to find other places to donate my
                                        money to.
                                        :(
                                        A sad Blanca

                                        --- Chris B <ChrisfromPa@...> wrote:

                                        > Exactly.... but there were two posts that people
                                        > gave out *everything* but
                                        > their child's middle name. (grin)
                                        > There are sooo many hoaxes, scams, harvesters,
                                        > etc., everyone needs to be
                                        > careful about putting such info out for all to see.
                                        > It is shame when someone
                                        > legitemate comes along, we still need to exercise
                                        > safe internet practices.
                                        > Sort of like the airports now. The vast majority of
                                        > people aren't there to
                                        > do any harm, but just that one person..... so we
                                        > have the inconvenience of
                                        > all the checks at the entrances that we all must
                                        > bear. The airport's safety
                                        > practices are crucial to keep everyone alive and on
                                        > their happy way. My post
                                        > was a general warning, people.... don't set
                                        > yourselves up exposing private
                                        > information that will be available to anyone with a
                                        > simple search.
                                        > Regards,
                                        > Chris
                                        >
                                        > On 6/3/05, Barbara <lady_enya_1@...> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > All that is necessary is to provide an email
                                        > address at the bottom of the
                                        > > message, where people who wish to help can email
                                        > to receive "mailing"
                                        > > information. AND perhaps mention the country or
                                        > state you are in.
                                        > > Barb :)

                                        __________________________________
                                        Discover Yahoo!
                                        http://discover.yahoo.com/
                                      • mitsipig
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jun 6, 2005
                                          Blanca,
                                          I am so sorry this had to happen to you. People have a tendency to degrade others before looking at themselves. You overwhelming dedication to helping those who can not speak for themselves is inspiring. Please keep my email address and keep in touch.

                                          Ronald C. Caldwell
                                          Ron@...
                                          President
                                          We Love Animals, Inc.
                                          http://www.weloveanimalsinc.com
                                          FEIN 65-1029794
                                          CH18760
                                          "A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE."

                                          --- Chris B <ChrisfromPa@...> wrote:

                                          > Exactly.... but there were two posts that people
                                          > gave out *everything* but
                                          > their child's middle name. (grin)
                                          >  There are sooo many hoaxes, scams, harvesters,
                                          > etc., everyone needs to be
                                          > careful about putting such info out for all to see.
                                          > It is shame when someone
                                          > legitemate comes along, we still need to exercise
                                          > safe internet practices.
                                          > Sort of like the airports now. The vast majority of
                                          > people aren't there to
                                          > do any harm, but just that one person..... so we
                                          > have the inconvenience of
                                          > all the checks at the entrances that we all must
                                          > bear. The airport's safety
                                          > practices are crucial to keep everyone alive and on
                                          > their happy way. My post
                                          > was a general warning, people.... don't set
                                          > yourselves up exposing private
                                          > information that will be available to anyone with a
                                          > simple search.
                                          >  Regards,
                                          > Chris
                                          >
                                          >  On 6/3/05, Barbara <lady_enya_1@...> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > All that is necessary is to provide an email
                                          > address at the bottom of the
                                          > > message, where people who wish to help can email
                                          > to receive "mailing"
                                          > > information. AND perhaps mention the country or
                                          > state you are in.
                                          > > Barb :)

                                          __________________________________
                                          Discover Yahoo!
                                          http://discover.yahoo.com/
                                        • Bonnie norris
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jun 6, 2005
                                            Dear Blanca,  I guess I have missed something.  I have not been well and I kind of let my e mail slide by until today.  What is going on?  Why would you want to find another group?  Has someone hurt you and if so how could they do such a thing?  I think you are a wonderful person.  Please let me know what is going on.  I cannot imagine why anyone would want to hurt you. You are an angel strait from Heaven.  I for one will miss you and miss reading your posts.  Dont let people drive you away. If there is something they dont like let them go somewhere else.  God Bless You Blanca.  Lavonna

                                            --- Chris B <ChrisfromPa@...> wrote:

                                            > Exactly.... but there were two posts that people
                                            > gave out *everything* but
                                            > their child's middle name. (grin)
                                            >  There are sooo many hoaxes, scams, harvesters,
                                            > etc., everyone needs to be
                                            > careful about putting such info out for all to see.
                                            > It is shame when someone
                                            > legitemate comes along, we still need to exercise
                                            > safe internet practices.
                                            > Sort of like the airports now. The vast majority of
                                            > people aren't there to
                                            > do any harm, but just that one person..... so we
                                            > have the inconvenience of
                                            > all the checks at the entrances that we all must
                                            > bear. The airport's safety
                                            > practices are crucial to keep everyone alive and on
                                            > their happy way. My post
                                            > was a general warning, people.... don't set
                                            > yourselves up exposing private
                                            > information that will be available to anyone with a
                                            > simple search.
                                            >  Regards,
                                            > Chris
                                            >
                                            >  On 6/3/05, Barbara <lady_enya_1@...> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > All that is necessary is to provide an email
                                            > address at the bottom of the
                                            > > message, where people who wish to help can email
                                            > to receive "mailing"
                                            > > information. AND perhaps mention the country or
                                            > state you are in.
                                            > > Barb :)

                                            __________________________________
                                            Discover Yahoo!
                                            http://discover.yahoo.com/
                                          • Chris B
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jun 6, 2005
                                              Blanca, nothing was aimed at you.  If you read the notes carefully it was a general warning for people to safeguard their identity and personal information from it being available on the internet to anyone for eternity.  It is a shame you took a warning that like so personal.   One would think you would be grateful also to others that try to help people stay safe on the internet.  It was unfortunate that some people gave personal information on this list that can't be erased.  My job is internet security for my clients, so I am very familiar with what people can do/need to do for security and what happens if they are careless.

                                              Sorry you took this personal... but the warning is for your safety also to not give your personal information online on an unsecured webpage or site.

                                              I am a nice person, I'm sorry you couldn't see that.

                                              Chris

                                              On 6/6/05, Blanca Friedman <cuteblanca2@...> wrote:
                                              So Sad!!!
                                              I have been out of town and to find this sad postings,
                                              I have have donated over 1,500.00 to people that have
                                              animals either in need of shots, surgery or food in
                                              the last six months. I don't have much but the little
                                              that I have I give to others that needed it more than
                                              I do.

                                              It is to bad! I will finish and send the donations
                                              that I promissed last week and I will probably delete
                                              my e mail address.

                                              It hurts when mean people try to hurt nice people that
                                              only want to do good in this world.

                                            • Margaret Boyd
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jun 6, 2005
                                                Blanca, I think the  person was trying to protect other people from posting their names and addresses on the internet. I also do this. I have known about people being stalked by others. Identies stolen (like the birthday every day for a year thing) I think what youre doing is great. I also try to help but cant do much and I know a lot of people will be hurt if you stop helping. Please reconsider.
                                                Maggie

                                                http://mail.yahoo.com

                                              • Barbara
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Jun 6, 2005
                                                  Dearest Blanca, please do not be sad.  When I read the post by Chris I didn't take it that he was attacking you personally.  In fact, I didn't take it that he was attacking anyone; only providing a warning to all of us to protect ourselves from online predators.  There are so many "bad guys/hackers" on the internet now, that we all have to be careful about giving out personal information or posting it to a site (and I am not saying that you did this).  I felt that Chris was trying to look out for us who are not familiar with the dangers of the internet.  If I had thought he was attacking anyone, I would not have allowed his post to go through to the group, and I would have contacted him personally about it.

                                                  I do realize you have helped several in this group who have asked for help, and that is what this group is designed for, animal lovers helping other animal lovers.  You have a very kind and generous heart, and I am sure all those you have helped are deeply grateful to you.  I am grateful to you, because evidently you are very much an animal lover and you try and help others with their animals.
                                                  I hope you will no longer be sad, but rather happy that so many of us genuinely care about you :)
                                                  Hugs,
                                                  Barb - group owner

                                                  --- Chris B <ChrisfromPa@...> wrote:

                                                  > Exactly.... but there were two posts that people
                                                  > gave out *everything* but
                                                  > their child's middle name. (grin)
                                                  >  There are sooo many hoaxes, scams, harvesters,
                                                  > etc., everyone needs to be
                                                  > careful about putting such info out for all to see.
                                                  > It is shame when someone
                                                  > legitemate comes along, we still need to exercise
                                                  > safe internet practices.
                                                  > Sort of like the airports now. The vast majority of
                                                  > people aren't there to
                                                  > do any harm, but just that one person..... so we
                                                  > have the inconvenience of
                                                  > all the checks at the entrances that we all must
                                                  > bear. The airport's safety
                                                  > practices are crucial to keep everyone alive and on
                                                  > their happy way. My post
                                                  > was a general warning, people.... don't set
                                                  > yourselves up exposing private
                                                  > information that will be available to anyone with a
                                                  > simple search.
                                                  >  Regards,
                                                  > Chris

                                                  Discover Yahoo!

                                                • Blanca Friedman
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Jun 8, 2005
                                                    Hi Barbara and all you wonderfull people in the group!
                                                    I appologize if I was a little hard, but you have to
                                                    understand I travel and when I come back I try to read
                                                    all emails to see who i can help first.

                                                    I came back and saw a couple of comments made about
                                                    me offering donations and asking for addresses, well
                                                    like I said before, I only have one or 2 hours on line
                                                    to do my good deeds! I have to be straight to the
                                                    point, I am willing to help many, I need to know their
                                                    needs, their pets names, and how can I help anybody if
                                                    i don't have their address? I can send the donations
                                                    to their vets, that is not a problem.
                                                    This society has become so paranoid that soon we will
                                                    have to hide under a rock... so that nothing happens
                                                    to us...
                                                    I guess terrorism has won. That is to bad! It is so
                                                    wonderful to live without fears ( But I am talking
                                                    about myself)!

                                                    My credit card # has been stolen 2 times over the
                                                    internet in the past 2 years ( I will not let that
                                                    stop me from shopping online)

                                                    Thanks to all the kind wonderful people that wrote to
                                                    me and spoke such nice words, but you are the ones
                                                    that deserve all the credit! You are the angels!
                                                    God bless you for taking care of the innocent and the
                                                    ones that can not fend for themselves.

                                                    I will stay with the group and continue to help all
                                                    the little critters that I can!!!!

                                                    Love to all
                                                    Blanca

                                                    Yahoo! Mail
                                                  • Margaret Boyd
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Jun 8, 2005
                                                      Thanks Blanca, for staying and helping. I dont have an animal in need, but if I ever did I wouold love to know someone was there to help.
                                                      Maggie

                                                      Discover Yahoo!