9765Fwd: 2nd UPDATE JUST RECEIVED -- Momma Dog

  • parhiscan .
    Jan 13, 2014

      This little rescue is certainly going to need help and prayers. Please pass on. Even 5 dollars helps. If enough give just 5 we can pay this off and save Momma, Together we can move mountains

      Immediately after sending the prior update from Dr. Wilkerson, I was about to turn off my phone and saw that this had also come in from him shortly after the 1st update....PLEASE KEEP MOMMA DOG IN YOUR PRAYERS!!

      SECOND UPDATE FROM DR. WILKERSON:
      Today, 1/12/14, momma passing clear urine, no fever, heart murmur mild, lungs clear, and gums pink.  Dehydrated 6% and vomiting.  She still feels bad.  Blood work reveals electrolyte imbalance, dehydration, and mild kidney insufficiency.  1 liter electrolyte solution given SQ plus IV fluids 1.5 times Maintence.  Injection for nausea and vomiting.  Began oral heart meds and antibiotics.  Having some trouble breathing due to abdominal fluid retention(effusion).  Drained 3/4 to 1 gallon of fluid from abdomen.  Respiration improved.  Will recheck blood work and vitals in AM.  Rescue cost thus far $1,400.  After heartworm treatment $2,000 plus.