      From: Jewel <jewel125@...>
      Date: 11/27/2013 1:36 PM (GMT-05:00)
      To: AnimalWishList@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Fw: [AnimalWishList] NEEDED: Cat shampoo and Frontline for Cats DO NOT USE FRONTLINE For Dogs ON CATS

      From: Jewel
      Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:33 AM
      To: Alisa

      I do not have the need to be “right” it is what I learned the hard way, and would not wish that on anyone or anyone’s cat. We saved Bee Bee from drowning in a well as a wee kitten, we are a house with dogs. I was not sure of what to do with a cat in the house with dogs, took us some time, but eventually everyone was ‘in love’ with Bee Bee, especially my Golden Cody who is my baby. Cody is allergic to fleas and I used Front line, nothing else, went to Petco, to buy it. We figured if we put some on Bee Bee, there would be no more fleas. Sadly Bee Bee died so quickly we had no time to even get him to a vet, we realized he was sick too late, in the middle of the night, as one of my oldest boys woke me and told me, “there is something wrong with Bee Bee” or getting him to vet would have saved him, this we will never know. We had to take Cody to the vet as Front line was not working and we told him about Bee Bee, and that is how we learned what really killed Bee Bee, and since we have saved 4 other feral kittens who live in my house with Cody. They have all been neutered/spayed with shots. We keep the cats separated as advised by our vet when we treat Cody for fleas, now with what the vet gives me to put on him, not over the counter stuff. We buy the cats their own flea meds made for cats from my vet, 24 hours separated and all is well. I am horrified that there are no warnings issued on flea meds, and there should be someone holding someone responsible for that. Just like there are things humans eat that can cause a dog to be poisoned, you cant use what you use on a dog for a cat.
      My entire point in even responding is I know for a fact it kills cats, and I am furious there is no warning over the pain it caused my family, watching someone we loved so much die, because we did not know, we were not educated to know, no one ever said, do not use it on the cat.
      To each it’s own, some people need to learn things the hard way. I am not a rescue, I am just the mommy of Bee Bee.  Would you go to Walmart and buy dog treats from china and risk your dog with everything that is known, people are still doing it, because it is cheaper. Supply and demand, just like the puppy mills, people want to shut down..  If someone is trying to warn you how bad that this can be, why would anyone risk their babies. Go ask your vets, buy the cat flea meds for cats. If you can afford the dog front line, you certainly can afford the cat front line.