More on the Evil King Amendment to the U.S. Farm Bill

  • AnimalAdvocacy-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2013
      Source:  Paul Shapiro, HSUS

      Do you like the state farm animal protection laws we've passed in recent years? If so, it's time to take action now to get Iowa Rep. Steve King's terrible provision out of the farm bill—a provision that threatens to wipe out animal welfare laws.

      Thank you for calling your Senators and Representative!

      Paul Shapiro
      The Humane Society of the United States
      Follow at http://twitter.com/pshapiro

      MODERATOR'S NOTE:  This and other bills are so crucial to the ability to advocate for animals in the future, it's high time to schedule a short meeting with your elected officials to discuss this, and other issues facing animals -- which also impact human health and the environment -- by requesting a ten minute appointment with his/her staff expert handling these issues.  You don't have to be a genius, a fabulous speaker, or someone famous to book an appointment in their office.  If you've never done so in the past, now is the time to get a friend or two together and state the case on behalf of the animals who cannot do so.

      For tips on how you can schedule an interview, see the factsheet at:  http://www.humanesociety.org/action/toolkit/successful_lobbying.html

      Find contact information for your elected officials at:  http://action.humanesociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=electedOfficials_federal

      For a list of pending bills affecting animals, see:  http://ida.convio.net/site/PageNavigator/enewscenter

      and:  http://aldf.org/cases-campaigns/action-alerts/