THE YEAR'S MOST IMPORTANT ACTION

  • AnimalAdvocacy-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20 6:42 AM
      If you only take action on one alert this year, this is it.  Please call and follow up with a second phone call.

      You can also view this message here:  http://action.farmsanctuary.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=30061.0&printer_friendly=1

      The Farm Bill will be voted on in the House of Representatives any day now. Shockingly, it contains a provision, called the King Amendment, that will undermine state laws regarding farm animal confinement, foie gras sales, horse slaughter, puppy mills, and shark finning. It might also affect a range of other concerns, including food safety, child labor, and the environment.

      It is critical for every member of the House to hear from concerned advocates like you today.

      Please make a brief, polite phone call to your U.S. Representative and urge a "NO" vote on the Farm Bill.

      You can simply say: "My name is [insert], and I live in [city]. I'm calling to ask that Rep. XXXX vote against the Farm Bill, which would gut state animal protections while supporting massive corporate factory farms. I support protection for animals, not massive handouts to Big Ag."

      If the person you speak with doesn't know your Representative's position, please leave your name and phone number and ask for a call back.

      After you call, please be sure to send a follow-up message.

      We need to do everything we can to stop this horrible bill from passing.

      Yours,

      Gene's Signature take 6_resized.jpg

      Gene Baur
      President & Co-Founder

      SHARE THIS EMAILShare on TwitterShare on Facebookg-plus.jpg
      2013-Footer-v3.jpg