IMPORTANT: For D.C. Area Residents

  • AnimalAdvocacy-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2013

      Moderator's note:  I've adopted two cats from the Animal Welfare League of Arlington (AWLA) and they have been the healthiest, best behaved cats I've ever had the pleasure of sharing my home with.  Please consider adding one or two to your family, and forward to others in the area.

       AWLA Sounds Urgent Call for Cat Adoptions

      by ARLnow.com | June 4, 2013 at 4:25 pm | 2,056 views | 38 Comments and 68 Reactions

      See also:  http://www.awla.org/

      Cats up for adoption at the Animal Welfare League of ArlingtonThe Animal Welfare League of Arlington is desperately seeking adoptive homes for cats.

      The AWLA shelter is at capacity for cats, the organization said Tuesday afternoon. More than 100 cats and kittens are currently at the shelter or in foster care, and another 100 are "expected to arrive throughout the month."

      To help find homes for the shelter's burgeoning feline population, AWLA is offering a promotional special for cat adoptions in June.

      "We have an urgent need for adopters or fosters," said AWLA Communications Manager Kerry McKeel via email. "Our adult cat adoption fee is normally $100, but AWLA is offering an adoption incentive throughout June — `Three Name Your Fee.' Folks who adopt cats 3 years old and over not only can name their price, but their adoption fee will also include: a certificate for a free exam with a participating veterinarian, spay or neuter surgery, a feline leukemia and feline AIDS test, a distemper vaccination, a personalized I.D. tag, a microchip, an information packet and an emergency sticker."

      Foster homes are also needed for young kittens.