On Saying Good-Bye

  • AnimalAdvocacy-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2012

      The Washington Post recently had two very good pieces on saying goodbye:

      1.) I highly recommend this book, as a friend gave it to me when I lost my beloved cat and it was a great consolation...
      http://contact.washpost.com/go.asp?/bCAW013/mE9QB6ZM1/uT1EMFUM1/xHDE36ZM1
      "Goodbye, Friend: Healing Wisdom for Anyone Who Has Ever Lost a Pet" is a good book to keep in your library or to give as a gift to someone who has recently experienced the loss of a cat or dog. Written by Gary Kowalski, a Unitarian Universalist minister, the book offers good and comforting advice on how to deal with the loss of a longtime companion.

      2.)  And this wonderful article about a man surprised at the depth of his grief over his long-time companion dog, "Losing My Best Friend"
      http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/the-death-of-pet-can-hurt-as-much-as-the-loss-of-a-relative/2012/02/21/gIQALXTXcS_story.html