Repost: URGENT: Virginia Residents-by 9 am, Feb 7th

  • AnimalAdvocacy@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2011
      This is correct language for the previous alert:

      URGENT for Virginia Residents. Please help stop the Farm Bureau from denying all basic animal care to farm animals. You must contact your state senator and delegate (or send this e-letter) by 9 am, Feb 7th.

      PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY AND TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY.

      A bill is currently being reviewed in the Virginia Legislature, SB 1026/HB 1541, which would alter the existing cruelty code to essentially exempt protection for animals involved in farming. Virginia's current law has been a successful tool for animal cruelty prosecutions, animal control officers, and humane investigators.

      Please join me in asking our state legislators to say NO to SB 1026/HB 1541. It will only take a minute.

      To take action on this issue, click on the link below:
      http://action.humanesociety.org/site/Advocacy?s_oo=SDtkNb-Ww1CsVaCr05rP8Q..&id=4821

      If the text above does not appear as a link or it wraps across multiple lines, then copy and paste it into the address area of your browser.