Ask Congress to Support Voluntary Grazing Permit Buyout Acts

  • AnimalAdvocacy@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2004
      (Note: resending as this alert went out yesterday with the wrong
      title.)

      Pls Ask Your U.S. Rep to CoSponsor Voluntary Grazing Permit Buyout
      Acts (H.R. 3324 & H.R. 3337) to prohibit using our public lands to
      graze "food animals."

      A sample letter follows below. To find your U.S. Representative's
      phone or fax number, please visit www.congress.org

      Thanks!

      Dear Representative:

      As a wildlife and environmental advocate and your constituent, I
      strongly urge you to cosponsor the Voluntary Grazing Permit Buyout
      Acts (H.R. 3324 & H.R. 3337). Federal public lands grazing is an
      environmentally damaging, fiscally irresponsible activity. The
      voluntary federal grazing permit buyout program authorized by these
      two bills is a socially just, environmentally sound, fiscally
      prudent, and permanent solution to the problems created by grazing on
      federal land.

      These bills would establish a program which benefits ranchers, animal
      and environmental advocates, and the American taxpayer. At an annual
      cost of $500 million, the current public lands grazing program (which
      generates less than $7 million in revenue per year) cannot be
      fiscally justified. H.R. 3324 and H.R. 3337 provide a win-win
      solution for all involved. Please cosponsor these common-sense,
      solution-oriented bills. I look forward to your response.

      Sincerely,